PLEASE don't flame me for this...

little miss messiah

Living my life. Everyday
Apr 18, 2001
between a rock & a hard place
Visit site
To be honest doesn't seem like that kinda place, but here goes...

When I heard a band called Power Quest were playing at Bloodstock I kinda shuddered, most of the people I went with had labelled them already as 'Euro Power Cheese', all dragons, swords, rainbows and Manowar style loincloth thingies.

Anyhoo long story short n all that, just about EVERYONE I went with were converted (about 4 of us, the rest stayed in the bar) does anyone have any further reccomendations in a similar style for bands I should check out?

I only have a 56k modem you see and don't have the time to go trawling Kazaa or wherever, I'd hate to think I'm missing out on some quality bands and tunes.

Thanx in anticipation

(btw if PQ WANT to wear loincloths on stage, there'll be no complaints from me ;) )

not a clue where the italics came from, Stella fell on keyboard!?!?!?!?!?

As you probably know from my posts on the Blaze forum I'm a huge fan of this style of music. Some of dudes there have slated me for there for liking what I like but that's there problem and not mine.

Anyway I'm very pleased (and some what smug) that yourself and 4 others from your community enjoyed the show.

Here's a few recommendations of bands in a similar style to that of Power Quest for you.

Vision Divine - Send Me An Angel
Labyrinth - Return To Heaven Denied
Human Fortress - Defenders Of The Crown

Also both Alessio and Andrea are members of Itallian Mettlars Arthemis!

I'm sure the regulars on here will put you right and this list will expand. I hope you've got a lot of space on your credit card!

Also pity you didn't stay for the Saturday to see strong performances Mercury Rain, Dragonforce, Masterplan, Nightwish and the incredible Edguy!

Well you could try any of the following, although they are not exactly the same as PQ it's the stuff that me and the rest of PQ tend to listen too a lot.

Kamelot

Symphony X

Threshold

Sonata Arctica

I guess it depends really on whether you like prominent keyboards or not! Good to see you here again lmm

little miss messiah said:
(btw if PQ WANT to wear loincloths on stage, there'll be no complaints from me ;) )

not a clue where the italics came from, Stella fell on keyboard!?!?!?!?!?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha I am having images!!!! As long as they were all smoove it would be ok. I will have to ask the Italians what they think of that idea

check out the pics of the Italians on thier own web site

http://www.arthemisweb.com/itaindex.htm