Please help...

Kohlrabihaus

Minister of Silly Walks
Sep 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
i have way too much money, so i want to built up a little rack :D
can someone tell me if these are good choices, or if something is missing. i´m pretty new to sound things, so please help me out! i play an esp- kh2 with seymore duncan PUs (sh-6 and jazz for neck), right into a powerball and engl vintage 30 speaker.
so this would be my rack:

1. t.c. electronic g-major multi effect
2. behringer btr2000 rack tuner
3. dunlop cry baby (bought it already)
4. boss volume pedale
5. searching for a good midi floorboard, which can change the parameters as i am playing, any suggestions? (hm, which one does petrucci use?)

oh, do i need a pre- amp or a compressor?
thanks in advance

Kohlrabihaus said:
i have way too much money, so i want to built up a little rack :D
can someone tell me if these are good choices, or if something is missing. i´m pretty new to sound things, so please help me out! i play an esp- kh2 with seymore duncan PUs (sh-6 and jazz for neck), right into a powerball and engl vintage 30 speaker.
so this would be my rack:

1. t.c. electronic g-major multi effect
2. behringer btr2000 rack tuner
3. dunlop cry baby (bought it already)
4. boss volume pedale
5. searching for a good midi floorboard, which can change the parameters as i am playing, any suggestions? (hm, which one does petrucci use?)

oh, do i need a pre- amp or a compressor?
thanks in advance
Hey Kohlrabihaus,
you need the T.C electronics G-system, it's not out yet but it will do everything that all of that other gear you mentioned will and better. Here is the link:
http://www.tcelectronic.com/Files/P...stem/index.html

I can't wait for it to come out.
Chris.

Thanks, everyone!
1. @ Chris:
G-System sounds great :hotjump: , but I talked to a friend who works at the store, where I got most of my gear! he says the prize of it will be about 1400 to 1500€ -don´t know how many dollar, but this is almost the same prize u have to pay for a powerball! :erk: so this is a prize category, which is way too high for startig out I think :confused: .
But i wait for it to test, thank you Chris!

2. @textdivine:
from what i have heard- the tuner that´s inside the g-major is not that accuate. plus the behringer has a nice light for the rack to illuminate :cool: but maybe i just go along with a boss floor tuner, we will see...

I think I will wait and get more infos and test the gear for the next months before buying anything! the cool thing about having friends in a store of that size (i believe the music store cologne is one of the biggest in Europe) is, that not only getting the stuff for less, but i can test all the gear combinations that i want... so i can recognize if the sound is cool or not- i don´t have to bring all my gear there...only my guitar :p

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

oh, and one more saying: Is the booking working well, Chris? I hope some of the adresses worked or helped in some way!!!! Let me know if i can do more, will ya???
rock on!!!