Please offer constructive, not ideological, theories

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
I seem to be having one of those weeks where all meat tastes really a lot like dead animal. Fish, poultry, beef, slug, whatever. Usually I love meat and don't taste the deadness but occasionally I'll have a few days where it's really noticeable and kind of unpalatable. Why does this happen?

like, a good example is that when you bite into it, even though it's cooked, you can transiently taste/smell the way the meat smelled before it was cooked, and even in the case of beef, farm smell. It's weird.

I have honestly never heard of that... I was thinking mabye its a matter of eating to much of something... but that isnt so much an alteration of taste as a loss of taste (at least to me.)

why does my beef sound like meeeeeeh?
:)
it's not so unusual, but there has to be some background to it.
like you accidentaly run over some animal and you're feelin' guilty now. that's the way it works with me.

greetz

everyone's body goes through 30-40 day cycles of biochemicals in their brains, there are fluctuations in uptake and release. you probably periodically have a few days where your neurochemicals are giving you a heightened sense of smell/taste or something, and/or your attentional processing is more geared toward that.

either that or your soul is trying to escape from the hardened shell of your body and is crying out for you to stop murdering innocent animals. but i doubt that.

the_preppy said:
everyone's body goes through 30-40 day cycles of biochemicals in their brains, there are fluctuations in uptake and release. you probably periodically have a few days where your neurochemicals are giving you a heightened sense of smell/taste or something, and/or your attentional processing is more geared toward that.

either that or your soul is trying to escape from the hardened shell of your body and is crying out for you to stop murdering innocent animals. but i doubt that.

for real... i <3 prep