please rate guitartone (Stein again)

Man, these both sound really really good - the bass is so full but tight, and it's got a great grind. I might request a tad more gain on the Krank-only performance, but that's just personal preference; great job, I'd love to hear 'em in context!

ahhhhhh.......the ever illusive blonde Japanese cunthair is all it took. Have any leads on where to acquire one of those for myself? Oh and by the way that Krank sounds awesome! Theirs nuttin like crunchy beef. Mind if I ask which mic was used?

ahhhhhh.......the ever illusive blonde Japanese cunthair is all it took. Have any leads on where to acquire one of those for myself? Oh and by the way that Krank sounds awesome! Theirs nuttin like crunchy beef. Mind if I ask which mic was used?

thanks...

it's particularily difficult to find a natural blonde one...

I can help you with the mics tho..
just 2 sm57, both on axis about 1.5cm from the grill . main mic where dustcap and cone meet, second mic (about 20-22dB quiter but still important for he sound) about 2 cm away from the 1st mic (the 2cm being between the handles of the mics..so the actual gap)

Is the second mic closer to the center or closer to the outer edge of the speaker. To clarify for me both on the same speaker also correct? I just wist to experiment for myself using this technique. I like the tone a lot!

Is the second mic closer to the center or closer to the outer edge of the speaker. To clarify for me both on the same speaker also correct? I just wist to experiment for myself using this technique. I like the tone a lot!

closer to the outer edge, noth at the same speaker.

you'll see (literally see on the waveform) the center-mic is more compressed and even, the second miy on it's own sounds kinda boomy, muffled and hollow but if blended slightly in it ads a warmer lower midrange and some more "woof" for palmmutes. somewhere between -17 and-25 dB quieter than Main mic

I like the overall definition and tightness, but the Highs are a tad piercing. Not sure if it's due to the Mic (closest to centre) capturing too much of the dustcap sizzle or if it's just the nature of the 'stein. Does the 'stein sound close to this in the room? Not a criticism, just trying to compare the 'stein to the Rev since I have heard this song a few times through it. :)