Please rate this mix with extreme vocals, melodic death, have some mixing problems

Hi all,
I really need your comments about vocals processing. There is something wrong. May be something with EQ? Or too many reverb on vox?

I was actually thinking that the vocal sound worked really well. Just the right amount of reverb/echo and it mixed well. The only advice I'd give for vocals is: the highly processed/effected growl in the middle of the song is a bit high in the mix. The rest of the vocals work fine to my ears, especially the overdubbed parts. And the voice is good too.

Good song, good guitar tone. The mix is good except maybe for that middle vocal passage. Good job overall.

I was actually thinking that the vocal sound worked really well. Just the right amount of reverb/echo and it mixed well. The only advice I'd give for vocals is: the highly processed/effected growl in the middle of the song is a bit high in the mix. The rest of the vocals work fine to my ears, especially the overdubbed parts. And the voice is good too.

Good song, good guitar tone. The mix is good except maybe for that middle vocal passage. Good job overall.

Thanks for this extensive comment, I'll try with growl volume.

Thanks for your comments,
I re-uploaded remixed "Cold Resistance" song on soundclick:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6370347

This version I mixed with less reverb on vocals, growl vocals volume was lowered and some other small things...

What do you think about this version? Is it right amount of reverb on vocals?

Well, as I said, I thought the main vocals worked fine before, but they still sound good. The growl sounds better now. Is it my imagination or is there just a touch less echo on the lead vocals? There wasn't much before, but just enough for a cool effect, and I don't hear it as much now. I could just be hearing the reduction in reverb.

Actually, I'd rate the overall mix excellent.

Well, as I said, I thought the main vocals worked fine before, but they still sound good. The growl sounds better now. Is it my imagination or is there just a touch less echo on the lead vocals? There wasn't much before, but just enough for a cool effect, and I don't hear it as much now. I could just be hearing the reduction in reverb.

Actually, I'd rate the overall mix excellent.

Thanks for your comment,
on lead vocals are two different reverbs - one small for lead vocals and other bigger and darker for "echos" :)

Anybody else want to write something? :rolleyes: