Please watch my video!! :)

JayArby

Mar 10, 2011
This is a song I just recorded. Not metal, but maybe some of of my fellow theocracy fans will like it.

let's see if I can get it to embed properly.

Code:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ktnRNgD2fJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can delete the other comments except the first one and the working link.

Also you can be proud, this is good, this is really good, the lyrics are well arranged and I didn't know it was in the Christian spirit until the chorus.

Very nicely done :)

Are you by chance Australian?

This is high quality musicianship. Congratulations. You made a good piece of music.

Thanks! @Aletheus no, I live in New York. Why? Do I sound Australian?? Because that would be awesome! :)

The arrangement and the...err proginess reminded me of an Australian guy that goes by the moniker MealsBeast Experiment. I don't mean that you don't stand out, it's just I don't see a lot of Christians doing this sort of thing that I like.

Good job overall.

Wow, I really like this song, great job! If the view counter is correct, about 10% of those views are mine from the past 3 days. :headbang:

My only criticism, and I hasten to say I'm no expert on such matters, is that the mix seems a bit odd in places; it seems the volume fluctuates with the instruments getting louder and quieter at times. In fact, the instruments sound so good, I'd love to hear them louder throughout, but that's me. The vocals are really well done though, as are the lyrics. Great stuff!

Yeah, I'm definitely no expert in sound engineering. This project has been a learning experience for me. :) I think what you are referring to is the compression. I still have to mess with it a little more.

Have you worked further on this song at all, JayArby? If it is, like you say, a work in progress, I can imagine you'd be tweaking it here and there, so I'd love to hear what you've done with it since if you've made any progress. I still visit the video for a listen whenever I remember :).

Nice song, It almost reminds me of something Kansas would have played under Steve Walsh. It's not all that similar but I was reminded of this:

Last edited by a moderator:
It has potential...but the the whole song seemed boring to me, there just wasn't much to it.

@Rawshik I like to think at least there was more to it than there is to Pop. :)

@JamesDS I remixed it and added another part, and the different parts come through a little better. But I have not uploaded it to YouTube--I didn't think it would make sense to have two versions of it up at the same time. I am working on another one now, actually.