Pod X3 and DFH 1.0 mix

hey man sounds preety good,

one thing, in the sort of blast beats and fills, i think maybe vary the snare velocity a bit, sounds to machine gun like, (unless thats what you are after ofcourse)
and not overly keen on the snare sound, not too sure why, sounds a bit out of place with the rest of the drums i think

guitars sound a tad muddy for my liking but thats purely a preference thing, you use dual tone for it?

but yeh sounds preety kool man, good work

Thanks for the feedback man
Not too worried about the drum machine, as our final recording will be with real drums, or at least a triggered set
haha
I hate the snare
but I've never liked any of the snares in Ezdrummer
and at the moment I don't have any sample replacement plugins:/

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback man
Not too worried about the drum machine, as our final recording will be with real drums, or at least a triggered set
haha
I hate the snare

Thanks for the feedback

if you search forums.. there is links to free sample replacement plugins!

i like the mix, the drums sound pretty good. i actually like the snare sound..which is weird. as for guitars, i think they sound abit too gainy and on the buzz side.

and i think this might be personal taste, but i think the subdrops are too long.

It's really hard to find free ones for mac:/
Thanks dude!
yea
I'm still messing around with these impulses
found them yesterday and they sound amazing
Just haven't quite figured out completely how to tweak my settings to sound perfect with them
hahaha

hey man, i think you can get aptrigga demo for mac, to try doing some basic replacing

are you using dual tone from the x3 btw?

Oh yea sorry
I have the demo
It just cuts out every now and then and doesn't save the path of the files I use

Oh yea!
sorry I forgot to answer that in my last post
lol
Nope
I quad tracked guitars
using the treadplate model on all four tracks
two panned hard left and 80% left and the other two panned 80%right and hard right
on the 80% panned tracks I used and Engl Pro impulse
and on the hard paned tracks I used an oversized Mesa Boogie impulse

I hate the snare

I also hate the snares in EzDrummer, so i just separated the snare in the mixer in Sonar and tried applying various effects, i did some EQ and added alittle reverb to it, gives it a fuller sound. Im sure there are better methods that i am unaware of though.

I also hate the snares in EzDrummer, so i just separated the snare in the mixer in Sonar and tried applying various effects, i did some EQ and added alittle reverb to it, gives it a fuller sound. Im sure there are better methods that i am unaware of though.

yea
I have the snare eq'd to shit right now
and it still doesn't sound that good
I've been working with augmenting it with my demo of aptrigga and have gotten some decent results though

nothing to do with mixing but the song is actually pretty fucking decent. I would buy your bands CD.

Geez I completely forgot about this thread!
Sorry guys!
hmmmmm
Try this for the Pod tone

Diamond Plate model for the head
Treadplate 4x12 with the condensor mic
zero room
50-75 on bass
25-50 on mid
drive at 85
treble and presence all the way up
Use the screamer for the stomp box
10-20 on drive