PODxt: Can you get a great tone with just 2 tracks?

whitedamp

Aug 28, 2006
Brazil
I know that there are lots of threads about PODxt, but I would like to know if someone can get a great rhythm/riff guitar tone of it just double tracking (instead of quadtracking). I´ve heard that some bands like Godsmack track just 2 times the guitar and was wondering if any POD tone wizards of this forum ever craft a patch like this.

lol, katze is just some rammstein rip off i want to do some crazy german vocals on for fun, but yeah.. that one is probably 4 tracks though, not sure anymore... what i do know for sure though, is that i used the "du hast" patch/preset for that on the POD XT.

I gotta check out reload, never heard it i think...

Oh, and if it's 4 tracks, it would be panned 100% left and right for the loudest two tracks, and then two tracks panned 75% left and right, less volume, different EQ.

What I actually noticed is, that if I use my EMG-81 loaded guitars the POD is sounding kinda week... maybee the signal is just to hot for the POD. If I use a cheap guitar with a non active humbucker, the pod sounds much more full and focused. So 2 Tracks with a cheap guitar do sound still better than 4 with my emg-81 loaded ones... :-(

Did anyone else recognize that as well or am I missing something with my POD XT?

Oh, I use a EMG-81 on a ESP F-50 guitar. Never tried my Toneport with a passive pickup. I will try to turn down the thing.

@Black neon bob:
Nice. On that "POD xt, guitars, no effects, two tracks" how did you panned them? Mind share the patch? :D It reminds me "Walk" from Pantera!

Yeah, i panned em 97% left and right, im not sure which patch it was, sounds like Shane's patch to me.. (kazrog).