POP EVIL's MATT DIRITO Speaks To SROmaginc.com (Audio)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SROmaginc.com recently conducted an interview with bassist Matt DiRito of Grand Rapids, Michigan hard rockers POP EVIL. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below.POP EVIL has released a new video for "Torn To Pieces", the latest single from the group's album "Onyx" to crack the rock Top Five. The song deals with the loss of loved ones and is especially personal to lead singer Leigh Kakaty. "'Torn To Pieces' is a song that's very close to me," he told The Pulse Of Radio. "You know, after losing my father on [second album] 'War Of Angels', it was a song that I had written for myself for personal reasons. And the band kind of stepped in and said, 'Look, if this song can help others, you know, I really think you should stop being selfish and, you know, let others heal from it.' You know, I took that to heart — you know, when the guys talk, they're usually right."Kakaty said in a statement, "Digging up the past can be very difficult. Losing someone close to you has a healing process, and I choose to do it through this video."POP EVIL has encouraged fans through an Instagram campaign to upload photos depicting what the song means to them.The two previous singles from "Onyx", "Trenches" and "Deal With The Devil", both hit No. 1 on the rock chart."Trenches" has also been selected to serve as the theme song for the Pittsburgh Penguins during the NHL playoffs.POP EVIL recently hit the road on a co-headlining tour with ESCAPE THE FATE that began on April 30 in St. Louis and will wind down on June 1 in Dallas, Texas.

More...