POP PUNKKKKKK

CatharsisStudios

trcksngsrpbngs
Jun 25, 2008
we all love it, don't lie. whats some of everyones fav pop punk bands?

set your goals. ivy league, hand guns, 37, i call fives, blink, sum 41,four year strong, xversex xsinkingshipsx :D?

I call fives. Four Year Strong. Set Your Goals. Fight Fair. The Wonder Years. Man Overboard. There For Tomorrow (more pop than pop-punk but still good :zipit:). New Found Glory. ADTR...lolz.

Sum 41 were awesome up until their last album.
I always thought they should have done a mini album of the pain for pleasure stuff.

The Offspring are brilliant. Last album was a bit weak but the first 3/4 songs are great. Saw them at Download a few years back and they are very good live. Unlike Blink, Tom is beyond awful these days.

Old Greenday and old Blink is the shit :)

What I can't stand on pop punk is those whinny vocals - I don't get why 90% of the band has 'em.

I used to listen to 2 albums of Starting Line. I don't know why they always make videos of shitty songs while the best ones IMO are missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blink 182, New Found Glory, The Starting Line, Cartel, Cinematic Sunrise, City Lights, Fall Out Boy (From Under The Cork Tree and Take This to Your Grave), Forever The Sickest Kids, Four Year Strong, Let's Get It, The Maine, Mayday Parade, The Morning Of, Paige, A Rocket To The Moon, School Boy Humor, Search The City, Sing It Loud, Sum 41, The Summer Set, That Was Something, Valencia, You Me at 6

...Call me a fag, but I fucking LOVE pop punk

Blink 182, New Found Glory, The Starting Line, Cartel, Cinematic Sunrise, City Lights, Fall Out Boy (From Under The Cork Tree and Take This to Your Grave), Forever The Sickest Kids, Four Year Strong, Let's Get It, The Maine, Mayday Parade, The Morning Of, Paige, A Rocket To The Moon, School Boy Humor, Search The City, Sing It Loud, Sum 41, The Summer Set, That Was Something, Valencia, You Me at.

+1

Some of the lyrics are a bit gay (well okay, pretty much all the lyrics are gay), but I think this song is pretty decent (kinda cheating as it's a bit more alt rock perhaps) :

I find way too many pop punk vocalists sound the same, but their vocalist has a little bit more of a unique style.
I saw them live when they opened for Paramore and they were honestly better showmen than Paramore.
Their drummer seemed to have a pretty powerful attack too. But yeah, don't really listen to them much at all.

This song is often forgotten about I think (Fences):

I've always thought this was a great song and used to listen to it 10 times a day. Best bass lines by Jeremy ever too.

Oh and does 3:42 onwards of this song count as pop punk? :

:D

Really love it when heavy bands allow a song to breathe by easing up on the non stop slaughter and giving us something a bit more melodic and "easy" for a few minutes.

That's my contribution from a guy that doesn't really like pop punk, nor that "Easycore" genre haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Definitely. Most of these bands literally have nothing relating to punk, minus Blink, older Green Day, and older Sum 41. PARAMORE IS NOT POP PUNK.

My favorite pop punk band will forever be The Buzzcocks, Singles Going Steady is an awesome album. The Descendants are fucking awesome as well.