POPPY Seed Awakening

Indeed! Also rohliky(sort of bread rolls)- got me out of a pickle most times when I had no time to grab a snack before work..they make for delicious sandwiches.

The regular old konzumni bread is even a thing to behold. I'd never have thought the Czechs would be breadsperts (new word. Yes) but they make the finest bread I've ever tasted!

2495761620_dd8146d774.jpg

I love bread with seeds. Only 2 rules:
It must be whole wheat and/or it must have seeds, herbs, nuts or whole grains in it.
Plain white bread makes me feel i am eating putty. Bah.
No matter the form. Bagels, toasted, roasted, rye, muesli, quiche, home made, it's all good.
Rise! Rise! Rise! I love baking bread.
Especially since i have a new oven, I spend quite some of my saturday afternoons baking bread.
All sorts of Ciabatta, cheese/onion bread, Brabantse worstenbroodjes ( I cannot translate 'worstenbrood', it's just too freakydeakydutch. 'Sausage bread' doesn't even come close) , lunch bread, (salt) crusted bread, pine tree seed/basil/dried tomatoes bread, whole wheat bread in many ways, etc, etc. A sunday ain't good if it didn't start with eggs (i always want mine 'sunny side up') and it's even better when it comes with home made bread and i always make sure to safe some to take to work on monday.
The wafting scent of home made bread on a monday morning, makes it a bit less lousy.