portishead

pistol_pete

Feb 19, 2003
IRELAND
Visit site
with all the talk of portishead round here i gave them a listen...
been listening to portishead - portishead

the vocals arent very nice to listen to are they?...annoying they are.......... are they different on other albums?

i like the title track of AND and the antimatter stuff(especially angelic and flowers) ...and i love everwake and pairsienne moonlight...
i need some more meloncholic songs with female vocals...

beth gibbons is a goddess! annoying... *grumble grumble* :mad:

listen to 'roads' 'glorybox' and 'sour times' as well.

I agree about the vocals but it's not on every song, I like songs like "Undenied", but most of the time she sings in this weird unnatural way.

pistol_pete said:
with all the talk of portishead round here i gave them a listen...
been listening to portishead - portishead

the vocals arent very nice to listen to are they?...annoying they are.......... are they different on other albums?

i like the title track of AND and the antimatter stuff(especially angelic and flowers) ...and i love everwake and pairsienne moonlight...
i need some more meloncholic songs with female vocals...
try mazzy star (for example "into dust" or "roseblood")

yeah hooverphonic ;) doesnt matter what album. or just check these songs: mad about you, vinegar and salt, battersea, eden, one, inhaler (they were called 'hoover' by then), frosted flake wood.

i hope you will worship us for telling you :cool:

I like Portishead but after a few songs her voice gets on me nerves somehow.

The old Hooverphonic is nice, I like the atmosphere but that Jackie Cane -Live thing... too arty-farty for me.

I even bought the soundtrack from the film Shades... same guys (Hooverphonic)

Lunascape is quite nice too.

ahhhhhh. beth gibbons is only the best female vocalist on the planet. bad vocals?!?!?!?!?! you people need help!!!

:yell::erk:

Forget the 2nd album, try "Dummy". On a hundred thousand coffee tables, but still not too bad. My mate's brother had the honour of being the last bloke she shagged before she turned lemon fresh. Allegedly.