Portland calling

IronApe

Dec 14, 2005
Pavia - Italy
Ok guys, so I just got to Portland, OR. Tomorrow I`m already going to Apple Music Row to pick up a coupe of guitars I ordered (gonna show u the pics as soon as I have em), and I`m going to see a couple of gigs (Black Crowes and SOAD). It`s my first trip over in the US, and if someone knows some other good stuff to check out in the next week, just shout it out!
Cheers!

if you skateboard or like watching skateboarding go to burnside skatepark in portland. its one of the best skateparks anywhere. also if you have a car, 45 min from portland is mt hood(the large cone shaped mountain you can see from portland). its a big mountain and the lodge up there(timberline lodge) is where they filmed all the outside shots from movie the shining(no maze though unfortunatley). its nice up there. good views and very relaxing. just a couple of things off the top of my head to check out. have fun its a super cool area.

there is a chain of bars called McMenamins and they took an old school and renovated it. they put in multiple bars, a movie theater, restaurant, and hotel.

check out the detention room bar... :kickass:

and of course, The Crystal Ballroom (also owned by McMenamins) is probably where you'll be seeing the black crowes.

tons of other cool stuff in portland, try to pick up a visitors guide to get a feel for it. there is tons of art and music in that city.

drink all the local beer you can find. it all rules.

there's some sort of penny arcade in the hawthorne district that kicks arse.

my metallic friends hang out at Bar of the Godz.

Right, thanks for the input guys! I`ve only got tomorrow left (and I`m planning to go to Mt Hood), but I`ve had a good time in a nice city. Saw Black Crowes tonight and it was great, and the Crystal Ballroom is such an excellent place!
Too bad I only had 5 days, but I got to see prety much all you guys said, and from Apple music and Guitar center I`m taking home:
An ESP Ltd EC-1000
an ESP Ltd SC607
an(other) Audix i5
an(other) Ibanez TS-9
a Sennheiser e609
a Radial J48
and know what, I saved about 1000 euros! HA! Hope customs aren`t too picky when I get back to Italy...

Well, back home. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to mt Hood, cause the weather was really crap! Anyway, planning to go back sooner or later, thanks to all who gave feedback, and I'll post some pics soon!

PS Thx broken!! I sure will!