Portnoy, John Sykes, Dug Pinnick

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
So these 2 are recording an album together.
Other than Whitesnake, I dont think I have heard anything that Sykes has done. Apparently Blue Murder is quite good... Any suggestions?

Some tweets from Portnoy and Eddie Trunk:

PORTNOY:
• Well, looks like it didn't take long for the news to spread from the TMS set!! MP, John Sykes & ______ coming soon!

• Having a great time working on the project I'm currently in LA doing...laying down some seriously old-school Zeppelin/Sabbath grooves!!!

• While yesterday was copping the Zeppelin/Sabbath vibe, today is Floyd meets Purple!!! Some serious old school Classic Rock coming soon...

TRUNK:
• News just broke on the set of TMS! New power trio! John Sykes. @MikePortnoy and a bassist TBA. Awesome!!

• Am amazing day. Over 10 years working on John Sykes to come back and he will be with my great pal @MikePortnoyMy persistence paid off big!

• Was killing me not to reveal sooner. John looks and sounds great and is ready to go and the demos were so smoking I heard! Loving it!!

• Its on!! I knew about this but needed to wait till we tapes to reveal! They will do some Blue Murder also & recording

• What a day! Awesome and TMS breaks the news of a new supergroup! Sykes, Pinnick, Portnoy. (Dug not in the Sykes band)

• Name of the new Sykes Portnoy band TBA. Bassist TBA. I heard demos. Sounds like killer Blue Murder meets '87 Whitesnake. Amazing!

Yeah... it's not even a year since he left and it's already at the point where it's bigger news if a month goes by where he DOESN'T announce some super-group project...