Post hardcore mix – feedback much appreciated

Rasmus321

New Metal Member
Aug 28, 2014
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, thought I would share my latest mix/song. The bands me and my band are inspired by, both music and production wise are:
Red, of Mice and Men, memphis may fire, i see stars, Breaking benjamin etc..
Would like to hear what you guys think about the mix mostly, but also the song.
Been investing in some new studio equipment, studio monitors and upgraded my computer hardware so i've been trying to improve my mixing skills.

For the drums I use superior drummer, blend the kick and the snare with an andy sneap sample and a free snare i found online.
Some Eq, multiband compression, stillwell- bombadier, parallel comp.

For the bass i use zombass4, some distortion, ClA bass plugin, some eq, multiband compression, parallell comp and also side-chain the kick to the bass.

Guitars are pod farm 2. Doubled left and right 100%. parallell compression, EQ and stereo enhancer etc.

Strings are ewsql, plugins i use- Ozone 5, eq and parallell compression.

The vocals.. is me singing, I cannot sing so the vocals are processed a lot. Do you think it is ok or should I postpone releasing this and trying to find a real singer or hire one to help us out?

Hope you like the new tune, cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would fix a few things before release...first and foremost the vocals. Of course as you already mentioned the cleans are REALLY processed and the screams have too much reverb and sit to far back in the mix for my taste. Guitar is kinda thin as well. I would love to do whatever I could to help, I do cleans and can help you there and with a couple other things..check this song out that I did vocals on for another guy here... https://soundcloud.com/robschmit/new-world