Post the riffs you are obsessed with right now

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
Yep, you know when you listen to an album , and a riff that you never noticed before/forgot grabs you by the balls and wont let go.......fucking post that shit.
It doesn't have to be a guitar riff per se could be a drum fill or vocal line w/e, you get the drift....

That first riff is so fun to play!

:headbang: the first riff in this is sublime

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBAeaOu-CDk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBAeaOu-CDk[/ame]

Final, "main", riff.

I'll be obsesed with taht til the day I die.

Awesome to see TTBS get some love on here, I listened to The Great Depression literally every day for about a year.

at about 1:00, wait for the bass line, shit gives me a lob on :kickass:
definately one of my favorite bands.....

also CK who were you playing for? JFAC?

to me it would be the opening riff of Periphery's Icarus Lives.
Instant classic IMO.

alos. does this sound familliar?; I was writing/recording a song and now I have a certain riff I can't even play properly///Im obsessed with it cause it MUST be in the song.... so in that sense... one of my own riffs

Oh, speaking of Extreme... the main intro riff and bluesy turnaround riffs in "Decadence Dance" are sick! Nuno is badass.

Pretty much this entire song. Just makes me want to rip some faces.

Animals as leaders video

Lol, the thread is about riffs, not entire songs.
Also, wouldn't really say this song has "riffs" you can be obsessed with.
I'm not saying it's a bad song, because Tosin Abasi is a genius, but I think this thread is more aimed at songs which have clearly defined, catchy riffs that last for a reasonable period of time. I guess like, Black Sabbath's "Paranoid", definitely has that kinda thing, with riffs you can just latch onto, whereas AAL just has constantly changing ideas but not really any single riffs where you say "Wow, cool riff I wanna learn to play!", because the musical ideas only last for like 5 seconds heh. A lot of the AAL stuff is more lead playing than actual riffs anyway, which makes it harder to pin point riffs within the songs