Post your hurricane/tropical storm damage pics here

Lunar Still

Doodle drawrer
Jan 14, 2006
Louisville
russelljackson.bigcartel.com
So it seems Texas just couldn't help but share some of the lovely weather with us up-North folk. Lots of trees and power lines came down, and there are some 165,000 households without power in Louisville alone. Haven't seen any figures for my side of the river. But, it won't be getting better soon, since our power crews are all down south helping out.

But hey, I got to go home from work early :kickass:

Here are some pics:

storm005.jpg

These two are of a very old cemetary, with Civil War veterans buried within. I know it's going to be a long time before it gets cleaned up too, the place is very neglected:

storm006.jpg

storm007.jpg

Felt bad for these guys, that's the second house on that property to get obliterated by a tree:

storm009.jpg

storm010.jpg

lolz:

storm011.jpg

Over our dog's little fenced-in running area. The fence didn't even get bent, and the dog is okay. :)

storm012.jpg

storm015.jpg

storm013.jpg

Remember those autumn pics I took a while back? This is what that area looks like now:

storm014.jpg

Fallen tree, with a railroad tie in the middle!

storm016.jpg

storm017.jpg

My neighbor's yard. If this tree had fallen ten feet to the right it would have obliterated his house:

storm022.jpg

And, this was the most bizarre thing I saw all day:

storm019.jpg

A tiny baby bird hanging out in the fallen tree...it never budged an inch, even when I went home to get my camera. I wonder if it can even fly...:erk:

storm021.jpg

So many roads are still blocked by trees and power lines.The wind is picking up again, and the skies are still very gray. We may not be entirely out of this yet. But hey, awesome pic opportunities.

There's a big broken branch still in a tree right above where I park my car, that's the extent of it and the storm went right over us pshaw.

I guess I also got a little wet from the tiny bit o' rain.

storm021dd9.jpg

That's some foul Sh*t going on there! :erk:
Yeah Karen...those walnut husks are a bitch! Hardly worth picking up since they take forever getting to the nut, stain your hands green/yellow and stink like bitter hell. Squirrels love em and tear into them in minutes. I've got them about that size here as well, but often they take the nut and go stash it. Now I've got little trees all over the place :Smug: