posts from the NY road tour...

irnmdnfan123

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2003
Point Mugu
Visit site
No posts from either fans or the Maidens themselves on the tour on the right coast yet! Guess the ladies don't have internet connections yet. So we need fan input from the road shows! Give us fan reviews, setlists, photos, remarks, etc. We all wanna hear how you rate these ladies when they kick yer ass!!! Seriously, it's like being a mushroom....living in the dark and being fed sh&t! So let us have it NYers!!!!!!!!!! Okay, done ranting now. See ya'lls when you get back to the left coast!

irnmdnfan123 said:
No posts from either fans or the Maidens themselves on the tour on the right coast yet! Guess the ladies don't have internet connections yet. So we need fan input from the road shows! Give us fan reviews, setlists, photos, remarks, etc. We all wanna hear how you rate these ladies when they kick yer ass!!! Seriously, it's like being a mushroom....living in the dark and being fed sh&t! So let us have it NYers!!!!!!!!!! Okay, done ranting now. See ya'lls when you get back to the left coast!

I will definitely post on this board as soon as i see the Maidens on June 18th at Tribecca. I have been waiting for them to come out to NY since I saw them in Cali last August.

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump:

And the Maidens' fan base continues to grow!

Glad to see that a few more of us on THIS side of the Mississippi have had the pleasure to hear the gals finally!!!

My artwork projects are on hold for the time being, but I did this piece in honor of the event a little while back...

click pic above to see a larger version

Aces high
2 Minutes to Midnight
Trooper
Die with Your Boots On
Flight of Icarus
Killers
Number of the Beast
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Children of the Damned
Hallow Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

I know I'm forgetting a couple. The Maidens were awesome, sorry I can't say the same for the opening acts.

Thanks Elkgirl for the post and setlist (where the hell is Elkville?). Thatz what I wanna see! Fans gotta pony up and write this stuff so all of us can enjoy! Nice artwork too whoever did that.........gotta check out the photos too. And yes, pls do write a review of the 18th show! I know nothing about Alex <hangs head in shame!> but it sounds like it will be KICK ASS!!! I am lookin' fwd to the ladies playing in Lost Angles at Platinum Live (the only venue with 5.1 surround sound!) on July 12th with another cool band Led Zepagain! Is gonna be a rockin' evening thatz fer sure! Peace...............from a dark left coast!

Hello Everyone,
Were gettin ready to head out in a little while to go check out the Maidens in NYC, and I know this show is going to kick ass! We are going to try to take pictures because, they will be having not only their live Eddie from CA, but a volunteer live Trooper and Mummy Eddie from NY's Iron Maiden Tribute Sanctuary, so this show will be interesting.......:)

:OMG: The Maidens Rule!

Many Eddies!
Excelent!
I'm ready to head downtown now, but have a few more things to do here first. (stupid job)
This is going to be great.

Enjoy yourselves, even though you won't have the view of the girls that I have. :D

Yeah, fantastic night was had by all.

Not only were the girls gracious and polite, they granted our 'zine a nice interview that I think you'll all enjoy (look for it in about oh, 2 weeks or so). The setlist jammed, the crowd was fun and completely into it, and lest I forget, we had gueststars galore!

Arch Enemy saw fit to stop by during their brief 2-day stay in NYC, and none other than Alex Skolnick shredded the solos during encore "The Trooper."

Wicked night indeed.

markgugs said:

Not only were the girls gracious and polite, they granted our 'zine a nice interview that I think you'll all enjoy (look for it in about oh, 2 weeks or so). The setlist jammed, the crowd was fun and completely into it, and lest I forget, we had gueststars galore!

Arch Enemy saw fit to stop by during their brief 2-day stay in NYC, and none other than Alex Skolnick shredded the solos during encore "The Trooper."

Wicked night indeed.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not have said it better myself. :)

Tribecca was a lot fun. Since I saw the Maidens last August, I had hoped that they would come out here to NY, and they finally did!!!!! They are amazing. Hopefully they will come back soon!!!!!!

I will be out in San Diego in late August. Hopefully, the Maidens will be playing a gig that I can get to. I also am going to see Iron Maiden while I am there. Twice here in New York, and then once (at least) in Cali. It will be a good summer. :headbang:

markgugs said:

Wicked night indeed.

please tell me there is video of that show

Show Review:
Local act Boiler played a descent extended opening set of their own style of scream-heavy-drum-beated-chrunchy-metal ditties - extended set because Cold Ethyl (Alice Cooper Tribute band) had to cancel their appearance as a couple of band members couldn't get to the show.

Quite a bit of dead-time between acts - should have pushed The Maidens show start time up a half hour.

Lots of people were there at THE HAUNT; 125 (guessing)

Anyhow - The Maidens went on with a custom intro dialouge tape and launched into Aces High, Two Minutes to Midnight, and The Trooper right off the bat in a row - other songs played; Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Powerslave, Number of the Beast/Run to the Hills, Die with you Boot's On, 22 Acacia Avenue, Wrathchild, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and (of course, band name sake tune) Iron Maiden.
Encored with Killers with a band bow to the crowd.
- (I may have missed a tune in there)

Descent stage set and props.
Good Eddie character's on and of stage during the set.

They played the songs as close as possible to the originals; guitar solos vocal screams and drum fills alike.

Great show Gals! I would definitely check you out again.

Best of luck to you all!

So DEFINITELY go see Eddie and the Galz!

Good merch available and they hang out to chat and sign whatever merch you want.

Donnie B. ANGUS of High Voltage : Tribute to AC/DC
www.HighVoltageRocks.com

p.s. thanks for the custom guitar picks trade Sara and JoJo!

Keyser Soze said:
:hotjump:Glad the NY tour is going so well :)
The show was great, we had so much fun! Um, yesterday was a little rough, :loco: since we got home at 4am and had to get up for work, but it was worth it! :D
I must say that all of the ladies are the nicest people that you would want to meet. I noticed before, during and after the show that they were friendly, attentive, professional, and PATIENT with each and every one of the fans at the show. I say PATIENT because this place was packed and everyone was trying to talk to them when they were in sight, and they gracefully talked to everyone, no problem.........:) There were also people trying to do interviews and as far as I could see, everyone got what they wanted.

We showed up around 7:30, after a little unexpected detour over the Brooklyn Bridge :erk: but still made it in time for soundcheck. The show was great, it had the feel of being at a real Maiden show, all the metalheads, their stage show,the Maidens of course, their last but not least their "EDDIE". There must have been at least 5 appearances, one being my husband as the "Trooper", but my favorite was when he (RJ) ripped open his leather jacket and he had on a I Love NY tee shirt under it. OMG the people went wild. Especially being in walking distance of the Ground Zero, it was a well well appreciated cool touch for us New Yorkers!

I could be writing all day about the show, but I have to leave to go to work, but I just wanted to post what a great time we had and to say that I'm glad we got the opportunity to finally meet the Maidens, I've talked to them online before and they aren't just cordial in emails and IMs, they are truly genuine in person, even after traveling around NY with probably limited sleep! I'd also like to give props to their manager Mark, (I wish we had a manager like him, he was so nice and really looks out for his ladies and is just as nice as they are), RJ, aka "EDDIE", what a guy, not only is he so down to earth and friendly, but a very creative artist, just seeing his arsenal of Eddie props was very impressive, all custom made stuff. And he's also a excellent artist, he had a book with him and just started sketching Eddie ideas off the top of his head! And speaking of the top of his head, man is that dude a tall MF.... :OMG: He had on one of our tall Eddie props, and he had to be at least 11 to 12 feet tall! I also met Darryl, I didn't ask him what he does, but he's traveling with the ladies, and was also a very nice guy looking out for them. As I said the place was packed and as far as I could see, there were no problems and the show was a success, the only complaint was damn, the place was hot! They did have AC on, I think that maybe it was all the people and the lights, but I guess that's when you know a show kicked ass, when you go home drenched!
I'll write later and post some pictures I took, and I also got video, including Alex Skolnick hammering out the "Trooper". Thanks to him for signing my "Souls of Black" Tab book and CD and posing for pictures. He was also a class act mingling with the fans and so friendly. Anyone interested in NY, he plays the Knitting Factory in NYC every Sunday night with his Alex Skolnick Trio, go check him out!
Till later...........
JennyG
www.sanctuary.maidenrules.com

Can someone tell me how to insert a picture that's on a floppy disk, and not at a URL, I don't have time to figure it out right now........Thanks!

Also, Mr. Toast
Excellent picture, I made a pass out of it for Tribeca, and got many compliments on it!
Very cool, keep up the great work!
JennyG

And Donny, thank's for the Haunt review, Mark from Sanctury says hi, and keep in touch, he's currently working on a second Maiden tribute in NY, and would like to try to hook up some shows this summer since Sanctuary is taking a break till August 30th :yell: