PRAYING MANTIS-Legacy

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
New album will be out this summer, should be a treat for melodic hard rock fans. New singer sounds awesome IMO. Sounds looks to be in the same style as previous album (2009's Sanctuary), which was heavier and a bit more guitar-driven, with keys a little less upfront, good thing for me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySIAxPvF668&[/ame]

Here's Threshold Of A Dream, from the previous album

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more detail...
PRAYING MANTIS TO RELEASE 10TH STUDIO ALBUM IN AUGUST; EPK VIDEO STREAMING

prayingmantisalbum.jpg

I've loved this band since high school back in 1983. Time Tells No Lies is an absolute classic! The Captured Alive in Tokyo City live album is incredible! I was lucky enough to get the two disc version back in 1998 at a CD/Record Fair. What a find! Predator in Disguise, A Cry for the New World, Forever in Time, and Sanctuary are all high quality releases. Well, actually, all of them are very good. That said, I'd love to see them live. The Progpower stage would be perfect!

Those are the first notes I've ever heard from this band. Makes me want to check them out further, but the two tunes I heard were lacking in the energy department, kinda laid back. Lots of potential, though.

A record label sent me a free copy of Nowhere To Hide back when that was released, and I liked it quite a bit, but I never checked out anything else by them. What else should I try?

Also, it is 2015... I feel like I can figure out some way or another to hear any of their albums, even if they're out of print. :)

Wow, this singer is amazing. Has he recorded anything else officially?
This reminds me a little of the last Shy album , mainly because of the great vocals combined with bombastic AOR ish rock .

Definitely looking forward to this one. Sanctuary was such a strong release.

Thanks for mentioning this release. After not being able to find a new copy of the Sanctuary disc for sale at Amazon or CD Baby (i.e. out of print), I downloaded the entire album in MP3 format from Amazon. I'll keep searching for the disc at used CD stores. Stopped at two in the Twin Cities (Cheapo's) this weekend, but came up empty.

I agree they'd make a great addition to ProgPower.