Pre-Party Bands-Line-up Finalized

Shane DuBose

Beholder
Jun 25, 2003
H-Town
www.strideonline.com
Well, here we go. It's been an interesting year leading up to this. After Orphaned Land's acoustic Set, which everyone knows about, here are the final 3 bands to play the show.

Dreamscape
Orphaned Land
Outworld
Avian

Making a return appearance from Germany is Massacre Recording Artists Dreamscape. After a very strong showing at ProgPower 5, Dreamscape is back with a vengeance, and is looking forward to their 2nd appearance stateside. Armed with new songs, and favorites from " End of Silence", "Very", and "Trance Like State" Dreamscape will top off the show with their unique brand of Progressive Metal.

See previous posts for Orphaned Land. ( And a BIG thanks to Glenn :) )

Outworld is a band that I'm sure that everyone has heard of, but not very many have seen live. Well, that is about to change. In support of their first Full length release via NTS Records, and Intromental Management, Outworld will perform for the masses for the first time in a very long time. With screaming riffs from shredder Rusty Cooley, unique songwriting structures, and soaring vocals from Kelly Carpenter (Beyond Twighlight), Outworld releases a musical onslaught that will be noticed for years to come.

Out of the US comes a new name on the power metal / heavy metal scene. Avian is musically rooted in old school Iron Maiden sound, blended with the more modern touch of Hammerfall and Edguy, the musicians behind this incredible outfit (featuring members and ex-members of such bands as Pyramaze, Balance Of Power, Lilitu, F5, and a very special guest appearance by David Ellefson, formerly of Megadeth) are ready to set their mark on metal in 2005. Featuring Lance King (Balance of Power, Pyramaze) and Jonah Weingarten (Pyramaze).

Please note bands listed are in no particular order other than Dreamscape as the headliner.

The event will be hosted UPSTAIRS from Earthlink Live in the newly renovated Vinyl Club. This is NOT the same club as last year.

Again a big thanks to Glenn and also to Claus from Intromental. There will be more details coming in the next few weeks.....

Thanks, Shane DuBose

This is totally kick ass, excellent lineup for this year!!! Rusty Cooley was another great guitarist I was fortunate to study with back in Houston (along with Joel from Stride), fans of awesome technique are really going to enjoy this!

Fantastic, thanks Shane!

Neal

Great job Shane! I'm stoked about this lineup, which is your best one yet. I had sponsored Lance King for the ProgPower lineup this year, so I'm definitely grateful that you've gotten him for the Thursday night festivities.

Should be awesome.

Regards,

Brett

Wow, i knew Dreamscape loved their gig and stay at PP last year very very much. Cool and weird to see they even accept an offer to play the Preparty to get back to Atlanta.

Yep, once you got that PP-virus...... :D

I have actually jammed with Yan from Avian! You guys will not be disappointed, good stuff. I was set to play drums, but I could not commit the time. Great to see them on there and I will definitley be there Thursday night!!

You have to be shitting me- Dreamscape!!!! Wow, that is sick. That really shows alot about this band to take a step down and play the Pre-Party just so that they are part of the event again. They were incredible last year and will now assure me going to the pre-party this year. I thought it was a different band when I read the initial post as I never imagined they would return for the pre-party.

Now, my one wuestion is this. As they are the headliner of the pre-party, does that mean they will actually play a longer set than they played last year at PP? Are we looking at a 90 minute Dreamscape set!!!!!!!! Whatever it is, this is incredible news.

AVIAN and OUTWORLD.

Fuck yes. Everyone there will have their asses handed to them by Avian I can tell you that much. This is going to be the best damn Prog Power yet and this preparty is getting me as amped up as I was for Angra.

AVIAN

and dont forget Outworld.

head over to www.intromental.com to check out info on Outworld and Avian

Ben

This sounds like a great pre-party! It will be a great way to start off my first progpower! The ticket price includes the pre-party right? Either way I am going to attend the pre-party it sounds too bad ass not to.

peace

Stoink

Ya know what? I don't consider this a 'step down' for Pyramaze. Not at all. They'll get their own mini-crowd, and be able to jam to their hearts' content, for fans who will truly be there to see them perform. I say it's a "special treat" rather than a step down! I mean, think about it... as a musician, it'll be just as satisfying to play a stage opening up for huge long-standing acts, as it will be to headline a small show where you know the fans are there for you! It's gonna be pretty special for those guys to get to come back to America, and do a really one-of-a-kind performance.

I say, we bring them camcorders and tripods, run a hig-quality tape off the soundboard, and everyone donate their footage to them, so they can take em home and make a customized live DVD! I bet they'd find more than a few video-editing junkies who would want to throw that all together! PYRAMAZE - Fun with the Fans: Live in the USA!

And sell them at ProgPower VII !!!

Okay a guy can dream, can't he?

;)

Bryan316 said:
Ya know what? I don't consider this a 'step down' for Pyramaze. Not at all. They'll get their own mini-crowd, and be able to jam to their hearts' content, for fans who will truly be there to see them perform. I say it's a "special treat" rather than a step down! I mean, think about it... as a musician, it'll be just as satisfying to play a stage opening up for huge long-standing acts, as it will be to headline a small show where you know the fans are there for you! It's gonna be pretty special for those guys to get to come back to America, and do a really one-of-a-kind performance.

I say, we bring them camcorders and tripods, run a hig-quality tape off the soundboard, and everyone donate their footage to them, so they can take em home and make a customized live DVD! I bet they'd find more than a few video-editing junkies who would want to throw that all together! PYRAMAZE - Fun with the Fans: Live in the USA!

And sell them at ProgPower VII !!!

Okay a guy can dream, can't he?

;)

Did I miss something....is Pyramaze playing....I thought it is two guys from Pyramaze that make up Avian.