Pre-Show Party Bands

The delay on the pre-party announcement is due to a change of venue. The Riveria has become a victim of new liquor licensing laws in Georgia, so a new venue for the Pre-Party had to be found.

One has been found, even closer than the Riveria (it may indeed be Starbucks Mike!) and Shane is working out the final details of the contract so that he can make the announcement. Without the contract in place, it would be damn stupid to make the announcement now.

The bands are in place and will excite some people for sure.

All I can say is stay tuned. I'm sure Shane will announce it the second the venue is squared away. Triple shot Venti White Chocolate Latte for me! =P

Zilla

Shane has completed plans for the pre-party. However, he is going to wait until I send out another press release via my PR company prior to tickets going on sale (another 2 weeks) and include the news in that release.

He gets more bang for his buck that way.

Glenn H.:Spam:

The delay on the pre-party announcement is due to a change of venue. The Riveria has become a victim of new liquor licensing laws in Georgia, so a new venue for the Pre-Party had to be found.
Could someone please explain what exactly ARE the new liquor licensing laws? Thanks.

I think what happened to the Riviera is that they were previously able to keep the bar open past 2am and that's how they were able to succeed in the club business. So, if my memory serves me correctly, the new law is that no alcohol in the city limits of Atlanta can be served after 2am or you pay a hefty fine or in some cases get shut down altogether. Supposively The Riveria was fighting it and is still fighting it in court.

My guess could be wrong on this, but I think that's what happened.

Bobby

AMBR said:
Could someone please explain what exactly ARE the new liquor licensing laws? Thanks.

Ok, all places selling alcohol are required to cease sales at 2.30am and close at 3am. The Riviera managed to avoid it through the fact that they were a private club, and thus could continue selling alcohol after "last call". Because of the change, their liquor license was reclassified and so they chose to change their club classification. Backstreets did the same thing to be able to stay open longer, however, neither sells alcohol now.

Ok, I am glad I read this...and if I understand correctly tix for the pre-show party are separate from the festival tixs? I apologize if this has been asked before, but I want to be sure as this is the first time I am going to PP.
Thanks & cheers!

Yea tix are about 12 - 15 bucks at the door. Dont worry the preparty isnt gonna sell out. Gold Badge people get in an hour early than the standard announced time. Just be sure to have your number and ID as you dont get the actual badges til the next day.

Ben

Thanks very much Ben for the info! I was worried about it all day **blushes** now my metal heart can rest in peace....or so I hope! :D

Shane DuBose said:
I think what happened to the Riviera is that they were previously able to keep the bar open past 2am and that's how they were able to succeed in the club business. So, if my memory serves me correctly, the new law is that no alcohol in the city limits of Atlanta can be served after 2am or you pay a hefty fine or in some cases get shut down altogether. Supposively The Riveria was fighting it and is still fighting it in court.

My guess could be wrong on this, but I think that's what happened.

Bobby
Shane, still no announcement of the pre-party bands?