Predictions thread

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Well, sounds like we are going to be receiving an official announcement within the next week or so.

Does anyone want to take a stab at predicting potential line-ups for each day?

I honestly have no idea what bands are going to show up at all. I dont have slightest idea because they said they were changing the fest slightly, so lord only knows. "Powerful" can be a descriptive word for just about any kind of metal, hell we could have something like Cannibal Corpse because they are Powerfully Crappy.

Yeah, it's hard to tell. There will undoubtedly be some smaller bands there that I could never guess. I'll throw out some things that MIGHT be possibilities...

Jag Panzer?
Scar Symmetry?
Halcyon Way?
Avian?

Really have no clue...excited to see what comes out!

Good call on Jag Panzer and Avian,
I had thought JP as well.
Never thought about Avian.
Is Lance King still in Avian? I know he left Pyramaze recently.

This will be my third Powerfest, and I can honestly say any guess I make would not do the "Official Announcement" justice. There is always a surprise.

You think you see the left jab coming, but those crazy fuckers will hit you with a brick instead. I'll guess Evergrey. But who knows what the mad scientists come up with!

The only thing I know for certain is, I can't fucking wait.

I think the Chicago show for Angra is on May 2nd. No location as of yet.

One of my predictions for Powerfest would be SUIDAKRA.....asides the last album....everything they have put out has been great.

So when did you see the Angra tour dates? Is there anyone else on the tour with them? Aside from that I would love to see Suidakra.

it was posted on teh ProgPower baord by a guy who is doing thier Minnasota show. THey are touring with Winterlong and some eilse I cant think of at the moment.

Suidakra would be great for Powerfest....I cant wait to hear the new disc...I heard it is more like the early stuff. that last album was terrible.

Awesome, I am excited for Angra now. I will go to the Chicago show for sure. I'm glad to hear Suidakra going for a more early sound, I didn't buy their latest because the clips didnt sound too great.

Hmm... I don't have enough guesses to fill a full line-up since I don't know what the guys require (i.e. - new disc, no recent tours, etc..) if anything. Plus without having the narrow categories of Prog and Power metal like we do for PP, it makes it difficult to guess based on recent trends or popular bands. Could be anyone!

I'll still throw in a few names and see if any of them hit...

Suidakra (why not? I'll throw it in, too)
Cellador
Cea Serin
Miles Beyond
Justdefy

and for some random names...
Mind Rape
Sothis
Butchershop Candy
Birthday Massacre