Preliminary mix (poprock song) - Best mix so far

DaveBlack

Apr 7, 2009
Whats up guys,
This is my newest and first full blown mix since I've been working at the studio. It's a song I've been working on for my girl (awww...) so it's one of those slow heartfelt pop rock type of songs. There are some definite obvious flaws. For one, I'm no singer at all so there's pitch problems for sure that I didnt correct at all as well as vocal levels can come up. I was nervous that they would be too loud and sound horrible so I tried to bury them but wound up burying them too much. The solo's are def coming down a notch too, they didnt sound that loud in the studio at all.

http://www.soundclick.com/testmixes Its called "Rely On It" and its the first one at the top.

The specs are:
-Programmed drums (sneap kick and snare - chimaira toms)
-I played the hats and overheads live
-Bass is actually FL studio boobass (which I genuinely think gives a perfect, almost DI sound that can be processed easily)
-Guitars are a couple different ones, I used a les paul for the rhythm tracks and then a custom built explorer with EMGs for solos. Everything was done through an orange head and peavey cab mic'd with two sm57s