PreSonus Audiobox USB

I just borrowed one to record a band, and I had some trouble with it and didn´t use it for the session today. I was recording guitars, splitting with my DI so I could get both mic´d and DI signal, and with both inputs they were running too hot, clipping all the time. The DI, with the preamp gain at near minimum, was hot but not clipping, but the mic´d track, even at minimum, was absolutely destroying the signal, an almost completely black rectangle was the waveform I was getting it. Which is strange cause after googling, it seems the instrument input is generally too hot and recording with a dynamic mic can turn out very quiet (I was using a dynamic).

Tomorrow I´ll try out some other stuff to see what´s up, but besides that it seems to be the best at its price range (which is really cheap for what it is)

its currently what i use now, and like what's already been said, it clips to hell and back. i plug my Jackson with passive pups in it and even with the gain all the way down on the interface, it still clips. maybe a DI box in front will cut back on that issue, so that is what i am currently looking into.
i also think mine is faulty being that the second input does not even work, too bad its past the refund period so im stuck with it :(

I was on a PA tuning course and the guy who was teaching there said that some two channel PreSonus interfaces (not 100% sure it was Audiobox, could've been Firebox too) the preamp has a highpass filter on it that can't be turned off, so he said that is one of the only brand of interfaces he refuses to recommend to anyone. And honestly, I've personally had one PreSonus HP4 headphone amp AND a TubePRE break on me or my close friends, so unless you are working with the higher end PreSonus stuff (StudioLive, ADL600, Central Station etc), don't bother.