Presonus Firepod

Jan 22, 2006
hey there!
i´ve got a question concerning my presonus firepod and reamping.sorry,i posted this question already in the production tip-reamping guide thread,but maybe nobody took notice of it,so i have to ask again,cause i need opinions asap :)

my band is going to record soon,and this time i want to record all the line track at home.waht i have is:

a presonus firepod
a macbook with XP
cubase sx 3
radial reamping box

i know absolutely how reamping works ,my only concern is:

how important is the quality of the audiointerface for the quality of the line-signal?

the firepod is an okay middleclass-interface.i´m only a bit nervous about,when i come in the professional studio with the final recorded tracks for the reamping procedure and the producer will tell me "ey dude,this line signal seems to be recorded with a pretty cheap set up,i can´t work with that :erk:"

what do you think?!?

thanks and bye,pat

i think hes asking if it would sound good lol. im pretty sure a firepod would sound great for line in signals. thats what i plan to use it for. im getting one today and im pumped.

i can't complain about my recordings with the firepod, i'll be sticking with it until i am able to upgrade to higher end stuff, but i've done reamping and using impulses.