Pressure Points-Remorses to Remember

entropywins

May 6, 2009
Hi Ken,
I asked you about this band in a previous post before I had a chance to check them out. I just listened to the song "Atonement" on their myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/pressurepointsband)
and really liked what I heard. They are indeed very Opeth like but in the best possible way. There is a mixture of clean and death vocals, great riffs, nice keys, and a very epic feel going on in their songs not to mention some nice song lengths as well. They are from Finland so the singer does have a bit of an accent but it's not bad at all and the vocal harmonies in the clean sections are pretty impressive for this type of music.

Please check them out--I'd love it if you could bring this in. Hopefully you'll think you can sell more copies than Persefone.

Thanks Booduh.
I had never heard of Persefone before but I checked them out after reading your post and promptly ordered a copy of "Core". You know they have another record out called "Shin-Ken"? Also very good from what I heard last night.
I'm gonna get that one too.

Let's cross our fingers that Ken brings in Pressure Points.

Come one Ken....:worship:

Thanks Booduh.
I had never heard of Persefone before but I checked them out after reading your post and promptly ordered a copy of "Core". You know they have another record out called "Shin-Ken"? Also very good from what I heard last night.
I'm gonna get that one too.

Nice, glad you liked them.

Normally I'm not crazy at all about that type of Children of Bodom-ish screaming but all the other elements of "Core" kept bringing me back and it hasn't left my CD player in quite a while.

"Shin-Ken" came out late last year in Japan and is set for a worldwide release in March (I think). I listened to it and unfortunately wasn't nearly as impressed as I was with "Core." It has some good moments but for me it doesn't have that special something that "Core" had.

If I listened to more melodeath bands in that style I might have a different opinion, I'm actually pretty surprised that "Core" grabbed me the way it did.

I'm checking into this one. Not really sold on the clean vox but the music is quite good. Why do you guys have to keep finding bands from Finland? Getting this stuff is a bitch.

Thanks Ken!
I hope you're able to get some copies of this.

We find bands from Finland because we know that deep down you like the challenge...and that you can make it happen. Pretty good butt kissin', huh?