Pretty retarded, ignorant and tasteless article on Dimebag

Poison God Machine

STEELERS FANBOY
Oct 23, 2004
Bennington, VT
www.geocities.com
*taken from the Sounds Of The Stygian message board:

William Grim, Contributing Editor of the popular conservative web site The Iconoclast, has penned the following article with regards to the recent murder of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott:

"You've undoubtedly heard by now that a demented fan last week killed heavy metal guitarist Dimebag Abbott at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus, Ohio. While I am extremely happy to hear that the assassin was shot to death by a brave Columbus policeman and I in no way want to engage in a blaming the victim scenario, I cannot deny that there much in Mr. Abbott's demise of one being hoisted on one's petard. The squalor, inhumanity, filth (both in the metaphorical and hygienic senses), depravity, ugliness and ignorance of everything that heavy metal represents (Like rap, I cannot use the noble term music in a description of heavy metal) creates a mindset among its devotees in which Mr. Abbott's assassination was an event that was all but waiting to happen.

"It was highly amusing, and also terribly sad, to watch on television fans conducting a 'vigil' for the slain Mr. Abbott outside of the Alrosa Villa. It was an assemblage of ignorant, semi-human barbarians who were filthy in attire and manner, intellectually incoherent and above all else, hideously ugly to the point of physical deformity. Here is a definite case in which the outer appearance of these 'fans' accurately represented the hideousness of their souls. That the physical deformity of their ugliness was self-inflicted makes the spiritual tragedy of their misspent lives all the more tragic." Read more.

Come on man, a guy is dead, doing the thing he loves to do. Can't you have a little more dignity?

this guy must be heartless... being a fan of metal doesn't make a difference in the size of your heart, or how much you care for someone.

fuck all this stereotypical bullshit.

AnvilSnake said:
this guy must be heartless... being a fan of metal doesn't make a difference in the size of your heart, or how much you care for someone.

fuck all this stereotypical bullshit.

...Come to think about it... Metal does appeal to a majority of scumbags... Everytime I go to a show I get traumatized by the amount of low-lives that hangs there...

I'm not talking about ANYONE here...

But take a close look next time you go to a metal concert... you'll feel pretty superior!

But take a close look next time you go to a metal concert... you'll feel pretty superior![/QUOTE]

Already have and yes I do. :D

Most people as a whole now a days are in considerate.

We got big metalheads on this forum who have loving families and have stable, average joe/jane jobs, and who never toruble anyone. Hell, even a few couples amongst us. I dress up almost to suit and tie to go to work, and on breaks throw on Bloodbath and Hypocrisy.

This guy needs to be set down and not yelled at (then we'd just be proving his point) but talked to. Some of us are quite level-headed and just use metal to sooth us, or escape (like a good book).

My girlfriend listens to rap (I know, she should be taught) but she doesn't act like she's black, nor does she fantasize about gangbanging, shooting, etc. Music can not dictate a persona, only the individual can ultimately choose to follow their music, or let it lead them. If that makes any sense, probably not.... anyway, shutting up now.

Not to disregard the importantness of your post but I need to ask......

NIGHTRAGE FROZEN.......is this new??? I dont think ive heard this song. If its new where did you get it. I dont remeber it on Sweet vengence.

I consider myself some what conservative and i strongly disaagreee with this asshole. He can go fuck himself. What is represents darkness of soul? Is is judging others by there attire and the music they like? This guy isn't the one who should be casting stones.

Let's all remember... Layne died and got a brief bit of attention on news and such... Lisa Lopez from TLC died and it was covered for fuckin weeks... now Dimebag dies and gets a bit of snippets here and there... There wasn't anything so derogatory about Lopez's fans, but whenever it's a rocker, oh no... we're all going to hell.

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch - and the metal community is unfortunate in that it has a LOT of bad apples.... but not all of us are fruits.... just Max

DarkNoise said:
Let's all remember... Layne died and got a brief bit of attention on news and such... Lisa Lopez from TLC died and it was covered for fuckin weeks... now Dimebag dies and gets a bit of snippets here and there... There wasn't anything so derogatory about Lopez's fans, but whenever it's a rocker, oh no... we're all going to hell.

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch - and the metal community is unfortunate in that it has a LOT of bad apples.... but not all of us are fruits.... just Max

Which Max?

Just because we listen to "devil music" as the media likes to call it, doesn't mean we need news coverage for such an event. Go ahead and let the mainstream people have the news. These guys are just average joes, no different from you or me, who just made some music lots of people like.

I know that if i was in Dimebag's situation, *dead*, i'd totally not want it to be a big deal. He died doing what he loved, thats all that mattered. Why would he want to have millions apon millions of people mourning his death? maybe i'm wrong, but i still wouldn't want to be covered by the news. Then the news would just be exploiting my death so that they can get a few views.