Priest related....

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Owens does KD tracks?! Must have been great!
Ex-JUDAS PRIEST Singer RIPPER Comments On ROADRUNNER Anniversary Concert - Jan. 25, 2006 Former JUDAS PRIEST and current ICED EARTH/BEYOND FEAR frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens has commented on his appearance at last month's Roadrunner Records 25th anniversary concert, during which he sang MERCYFUL FATE's "Curse of the Pharoahs", KING DIAMOND's "Abigail" and ANNIHILATOR's "Alison Hell".

Said Owens: "It was a lot of fun. It was cool doing 'Alison Hell' with Jeff Waters [ANNIHILATOR mainman] and seeing all my friends at the show... My wife and I did some sightseeing and had a great late night dinner with Scott Ian [ANTHRAX] and Pearl [Aday, Meat Loaf's daughter and Scott's fiancée], and Corey Taylor [SLIPKNOT frontman] and his wife, All great people and it was a real good time, but it was LATE! And doing the KING DIAMOND always rocks."

As previously reported, SPV has set a May 9 North American release date (one day earlier internationally) for the self-titled debut album from BEYOND FEAR, the new band fronted by Owens.

The debut was recorded at the legendary Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida, under the direction of producer Jim Morris. BEYOND FEAR consist of Owens (vocals), guitarist John Comprix (SPAWN, 13 FACES) in the new group are Dennis Hayes (ex-WINTERS BANE, SEVEN WITCHES) on bass, Dwane Bihary (MISSING SKIN) on rhythm guitar, and drummer Eric Elkins (CRYPTKICKER, ALL YOU FEAR). The album consists of fourteen haunting metal numbers, which, according to Owens, "show unmistakably where my musical roots lie: in the classic heavy metal of the Eighties. However, I've transported that traditional metal style into the present, lending it its own touch."

I'd like to hear the record with Cozy and John...
JUDAS PRIEST Guitarist GLENN TIPTON: Upcoming Album Releases Detailed - Jan. 25, 2006 Rhino Records has set a March 7 release date for the forthcoming reissue of JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton's solo debut, 1997's "Baptizm Of Fire", and the collection of Tipton's recordings with the late, great THE WHO bassist John Entwistle and drummer Cozy Powell (RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH), entitled "Edge of the World".

"Baptizm of Fire" features Tipton collaborating with stellar hard rock players including John Entwistle, Shannon Larkin (GODSMACK), Cozy Powell, Billy Sheehan, and current METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo. Standout tracks include Tipton's crushing send-up of the ROLLING STONES' "Paint It Black" and the masterful title track.

"Edge of the World" (Tipton, Entwistle and Powell) is the previously unreleased collaboration by three of rock's most celebrated players. Speaking with Rockdetector.com's Garry Sharpe-Young in 1994, Cozy Powell mentioned this project. "While I was away (from BLACK SABBATH) I did some things with Glenn Tipton from JUDAS PRIEST," he said. "Great songwriter. So I put drums down on his album. That was fun, we both have a very similar sense of humor so that was very enjoyable, very relaxed. Glenn is just itching to get out there again and do something. PRIEST can't find a singer though so I'm working with a singer called John West too so something will hopefully come of that. Right now though I am totally committed to BLACK SABBATH but I have cushion there of my solo album if needs be. John is a great singer, a bit of an undiscovered talent. Maybe me, John, Glenn and Neil Murray. That would be quite a band. It could happen."

The complete track listing for the two albums is as follows:

"Edge of the World" (Tipton, Entwistle, and Powell)

01. Unknown Soldier
02. Friendly Fire
03. The Holy Man
04. Never Say Die
05. Resolution
06. Searching
07. Give Blood
08. Crime Of Passion
09. Walls Cave In
10. Edge Of The World
11. Stronger Than The Drug

"Baptizm of Fire" (Expanded & Remastered)

01. Hard Core
02. Paint It Black
03. Enter The Storm
04. Fuel Me Up
05. Extinct
06. Baptizm Of Fire
07. The Healer
08. Cruise Control
09. Kill Or Be Killed
10. Voodoo Brother
11. Left For Dead
Bonus Tracks:
12. Himalaya
13. New Breed

sixxswine said:
"Edge of the World" (Tipton, Entwistle and Powell) is the previously unreleased collaboration by three of rock's most celebrated players. Speaking with Rockdetector.com's Garry Sharpe-Young in 1994, Cozy Powell mentioned this project. "While I was away (from BLACK SABBATH) I did some things with Glenn Tipton from JUDAS PRIEST," he said. "Great songwriter. So I put drums down on his album. That was fun, we both have a very similar sense of humor so that was very enjoyable, very relaxed. Glenn is just itching to get out there again and do something. PRIEST can't find a singer though so I'm working with a singer called John West too so something will hopefully come of that. Right now though I am totally committed to BLACK SABBATH but I have cushion there of my solo album if needs be. John is a great singer, a bit of an undiscovered talent. Maybe me, John, Glenn and Neil Murray. That would be quite a band. It could happen."

The complete track listing for the two albums is as follows:

"Edge of the World" (Tipton, Entwistle, and Powell)

01. Unknown Soldier
02. Friendly Fire
03. The Holy Man
04. Never Say Die
05. Resolution
06. Searching
07. Give Blood
08. Crime Of Passion
09. Walls Cave In
10. Edge Of The World
11. Stronger Than The Drug

"Baptizm of Fire" (Expanded & Remastered)

Bonus Tracks:
12. Himalaya
13. New Breed

I already habe BOF and for two songs I don't think it will worth to change my copy, as for the new album that sounds really cool thanks for the info Sixxi.

Actually BOF is pretty good much better than the JP album with Ripper for that matters (although they owed a lot to Fight IMO, it seemed Tipton was missing Halford already :lol: )

Songs like 'Baptizm Of Fire', 'Voodoo Brother', 'Extinct' and the very interesting version of 'Paint It Black' worth definitively the album.

NP: Stream Of Passion - 'Open Your Eyes'

sixxswine said:
Well there is an audience for just about everything...:p

You swine! :wave:

@ Fang: both Powell and Entwistle, this album worth for the morbidity of dead players. But I do miss Cozy a lot, I can think of many bands/projects today that will benefit of having him around for starters I would have loved to have him on "Fused"