Primal Fear - Seven Seals

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Alright, I never really cared to go after this band and check them out... Maybe a song or two... Well, I just received their new album, Seven Seals from Nuclear Blast (thanks Loana) and it is absolutely incredible! I didn't know they put that great of a quality Power Metal... very impressive!

They are a fun band indeed. The new album is less Judas Priest like. Good stuff. It is more melodic than stuff in the past. Do they have a song on the "DOOM" movie soundtrack? There is a Doom vs. Primal Fear promotion on the PF web site.

It's a really good cd for sure! It was one of my few purchases at ProgPower this year. I'm sure some people will ALWAYS hear Judas Priest in this band regardless of what they sound like, but I certainly don't hear it on this cd.

I believe Seven Seals is one of the better discs Primal Fear has put out for a while. I like it much better than Black Sun or Devil's Ground.

AngraRULES said:
Are you sure? what video was that?

He prob. means the Seven Seals video. You can see it on the Primal Fear Web Site as well as others from albums past. I think it is good.

control-denied777 said:
i saw their new video ,and it was a joke(the song sounded more alternative than metal)

First: "It's too Judas Priesty"
Second: "It's not as Judas Priesty, but it's still too Priesty"
Third: Ok, it's not Priesty anymore but now it sounds alternative
Then: Ok, at least that is a metal song but now they look ridiculous.

I just sat through a bunch of guys at ProgPower doing keyboard solos and wearing dressy vests (all while receiving rave reviews) and yet you'll take Primal Fear to task for sounding alternative and someone else will for them wearing eye liner? Jesus Christ, they won't be able to win for losing in this country. You are welcome to your opinion and you don't have to like it, sure, but alternative? C'mon.

I think Nuclear Fire is definately their best CD. I did pick this up at PP, and I'm still letting it set in before I make a decision on it. But NF is their best, and Black Sun is good too. Didn't care much for Devil's Ground though.

AngraRULES, if you wanna check out more, go with Nuclear Fire next.

woosta said:
First: "It's too Judas Priesty"
Second: "It's not as Judas Priesty, but it's still too Priesty"
Third: Ok, it's not Priesty anymore but now it sounds alternative
Then: Ok, at least that is a metal song but now they look ridiculous.

I just sat through a bunch of guys at ProgPower doing keyboard solos and wearing dressy vests (all while receiving rave reviews) and yet you'll take Primal Fear to task for sounding alternative and someone else will for them wearing eye liner? Jesus Christ, they won't be able to win for losing in this country. You are welcome to your opinion and you don't have to like it, sure, but alternative? C'mon.

I am not a fan of PF, Ralph annoys the hell out of me(seeing a big man like that sing so high is funny to me lol)...anyway, I agree with you, sometimes people are too fickle for no reason whatsoever.

Wow. That video could only be gayer if it showed men having sex.

What are they thinking with the new look? They're a Metal band. I'm always amused when bands change their look and/or sound to try to broaden their appeal. Nine times out of ten, it backfires. That said, I'm undecided on the new CD. Since "Nuclear Fire" was a total miss for me, it won't get many spins to prove its worth.

Zod