probably been done before- but best opeth album?

raccyd

Nov 27, 2002
dorset, england
www.theflashers.tk
I'm a relatively new opeth fan and was just wondering what album you'd all recommend. I have Blackwater Park which i love but what should i buy next. they are all so hard to find- should i just buy each when i see it or are some way better than others?

My favs are Morningrise and My Arms Your Hearse, but I'd recommend just buying all the albums in backwards order: As you already have BWP, get Deliverance first (not quite as essential as the other albums, though), then Still Life, MAYH, Morningrise, Orchid.
It might be hard to find albums other than BWP and D1 in regular record stores, so you should order them, either at a store or via mailorder.

I don't have a favourite... no matter how much I listen I can't bring myself to have a favourite.. they're all special to me in different ways, and I just can't, no matter how I try pick a favourite...

I suppose for brutality: Deliverance and MAYH
For flowing: Still Life
Chords/Guitar Work: Orchid and Blackwater Park
Imagery: Morningrise

There... as close as I can get to picking favourites, haha.

Morningrise and Still Life are equally good to me. Definately the best albums IMO. I get in this really dreamy mode when I listen to them. Best atmosphere of all.

NP: Depeche Mode - Black Celebration

Orchid or Morningrise
Blackwater park is the worst album by far.

I basically have a new favourite every day: yesterday I couldn't stop listening to MAYH and today I'm stuck on Still Life. So I really don't think I can choose one since they're all brilliant in their own way.

I'd say you should get Deliverance first since you already have BWP . After that you can buy Morningrise which is a great album but it has a very different style than BWP and Deliverance . Still Life is my least favourite album . Maybe because I've listened to it too much in the past .

My Arms , Your Hearse and Still Life are the most solid concrete albums.

Blackwater Park great imagery and music. Very good album.

Deliverance has good production and a solid tone. Pretty heavy on the whole.

Orchid the old style with much better guitar work than Morningrise.

Morningrise is by far there most bland album. Bad production and songs that go on for forever. People may bash me because I dont like their favorite album ,but if you started with BWP I wouldnt jump styles so quick like most of these people try to tell the new guys.

i dont see how blackwater park can't be their best album. although i only have morningrise, and heard 2 songs from mayh and 2 from orchid. that album kicked morningrise's ass. im debating on whether to get mayh or still life next.