Professional Standards in Print article now online!

Hehe. I just read this. I guess his principles were not adopted.

To the degree that we don't call people "gay" and shit like that, yeah. (although there is such a thing in the next issue as a play on words)

I'm way too hotheaded to write in a "professional" manner. I swear in real life, and while writing gives me an opportunity to turn a few phrases I wouldn't think of in a face-to-face conversation, I'd like to think everything I write mirrors something I would really say if I was speaking.

As far as his code of journalistic ethics, my whole view of music writers-as-journalists remains unchanged from Scum. We're not journalists, it's silly to think of ourselves as such. And I have an agenda.

If I was even-tempered to write as Garth suggests, I probably would have the good sense to not be doing this at all. :)

It doesn't bother me. Profane language is just language, that some idiots at some point decided to say, "No, it is not proper to say this."

If you were a journalist I wouldn't read anything. Its not as if metal news is incredibly interesting. Unless you were an investigative journalist.