ProgPower USA XIV: Sept 5-7, 2013

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
We had a nice Theocracy fan gathering at ProgPower this year; hopefully we can do it again next year! With another awesome ProgPower lineup, I plan to be back to Atlanta next September (and Reinxeed in the US for the first time should get some members of this forum excited).

LINE-UP:

THURSDAY KICK-OFF

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody (playing 2+ hours and including Turilli's solo material never played in North America)
Circle II Circle (playing Savatage's Wake of Magellan album)
In the Silence

FRIDAY

Shadow Gallery (co-headliner)
Soilwork (co-headliner)
Ashes of Ares (Matt Barlow's new band)
Wolverine
Xandria
Myrath
Damnation Angels (features PelleK; who has worked a ton with Tommy from ReinXeed)

SATURDAY

Sabaton (co-headliner)
Armored Saint (co-headliner)
Circus Maximus (co-headliner)
Wolf
Heaven's Cry
ReinXeed

LINE-UP:

THURSDAY KICK-OFF

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody (playing 2+ hours and including Turilli's solo material never played in North America)
Circle II Circle (playing Savatage's Wake of Magellan album)
In the Silence

FRIDAY

Shadow Gallery (co-headliner)
Soilwork (co-headliner)
Ashes of Ares (Matt Barlow's new band)
Wolverine
Xandria
Myrath
Damnation Angels (features PelleK; who has worked a ton with Tommy from ReinXeed)

SATURDAY

Sabaton (co-headliner)
Armored Saint (co-headliner)
Circus Maximus (co-headliner)
Wolf
Heaven's Cry
ReinXeed

I took the liberty of marking in bold the bands I'd like to hear, yet...there are literally 0 shows in the area around me annually.

:(

Speaking of Circus Maximus, they made a hilarious announcement video that was played at the last ProgPower when they announced next year's lineup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I wish I could go to that. Xandria alone would make it worthwhile. I only started listening to them this past summer, but they quickly became one of my favorite bands. Shadow Gallery and Sabaton are also very cool, and I wouldn't mind hearing ReinXeed either.

Circus Maximus is something I definitely need to check out. I've been meaning to because I keep hearing them compared to Symphony X - who I'm a massive fan of - but for some reason I haven't gotten around to it. Can anyone recommend some good songs by them?

Circus Maximus is something I definitely need to check out. I've been meaning to because I keep hearing them compared to Symphony X - who I'm a massive fan of - but for some reason I haven't gotten around to it. Can anyone recommend some good songs by them?

I don't have their third album yet, but their first two are great. If you like epic songs, "Mouth of Madness" is a great one clocking in at over 12 minutes with a great chorus (once it gets there at about 4 minutes :)). A more "accessible" song might be "Abyss" or "A Darkened Mind." I don't think Symphony X is necessarily the closest comparison. I hear more Dream Theater influence myself.