ProgPower USA

ScientistOfDarkness

a prophet in cosmology
Feb 7, 2003
Mercer Island, WA
Well, as far as being ND related, your posters were up all around The End's table in the vendor's area. I wore my To Welcome The Fade shirt the first night, and got asked a few questions about the band. Also hung out with fellow Chicago band Lydian Sea, and Chris from Ion Vein. I really had the time of my life this weekend. I met some incredible people I'll never forget and seeing Orphaned Land FINALLY was a major moment in my life. I talked with Kobi for a while, who agreed the Europe shit is...well, shitty.

I really only went for OL, but I saw all of Pink Cream 69's set, Therion, and Stratovarius. I can't say much for Stratovarius, they weren't my thing. Therion was awesome, but Orphaned Land was it for me. With the pre-party and the Friday set being the best shows I've ever seen. Setlist for the Friday show was:

Ocean Land
El Meod Na'ala
A Call to Awake
Kiss of Babylon
Seasons Unite
Halo Dies
A Neverending Way
Birth of the Three
Norra El Norra
Ornaments of Gold

The Orphaned Land photos are on their forum at:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209266

Wow thats really cool that you had a good time. I'm depressed that I'm not going to be seeing Orphaned Land myself since the Euro trip is a bust. Also nice that you got to hang out with Chris L., he's a cool guy, from my 'hood hehe

Glad to hear they were advertising us at the merch booth. Woulda been even nicer had we played LOL Oh well.