ProgPower USA's official Tumblr

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
You can now follow ProgPower USA on Tumblr:

http://progpowerusa.tumblr.com/

What is Tumblr?

Tumblr is a micro-blogging platform that lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be. You can customize everything, from colors, to your theme's HTML.

~Jen

Sigh. Do we really need another social networking site? I mean it's cool you guys are trying to promote yourself and get the ppusa name out there and all, don't get me wrong, but I'm just finding there to be too many social networking sites out there.

Simon,

Did you really just take the time to whine on my forum about our promotion? Nobody is holding a gun to your head telling you to join or even visit the site. Our goal is to do everything possible to keep the festival alive. This includes reaching out to all major social networks to reach other demographics. Hell, even Blackberry has an app for it on their smartphones.

In other words, don't be a dick.

I agree that there is more social networking sites than I care for...but I don't blame the festival one bit. It's all about advertising and promotion. The more people it can reach the better. Do I like all these sites myself? Nope but hell as much as I hate myspace I have 41,000 friends, and that kind of free advertising is awesome.

Simon,

Did you really just take the time to whine on my forum about our promotion? Nobody is holding a gun to your head telling you to join or even visit the site. Our goal is to do everything possible to keep the festival alive. This includes reaching out to all major social networks to reach other demographics. Hell, even Blackberry has an app for it on their smartphones.

In other words, don't be a dick.

Actually, I wasn't whining about your promotion of it at all. As I said I think it's good you're finding more ways to get the ppusa name out there. I'm just in general getting sick of too many of these types of sites that essentially do the same thing is all. But you're right, I probably shouldn't have posted it and apologize.

Actually, I wasn't whining about your promotion of it at all. As I said I think it's good you're finding more ways to get the ppusa name out there. I'm just in general getting sick of too many of these types of sites that essentially do the same thing is all. But you're right, I probably shouldn't have posted it and apologize.

How exactly is tumblr like facebook/myspace/twitter/etc again? Out of all the 'social networking' sites, it's definitely the least derivative.

b.a.c.k.p.e.d.a.l.i.n.g ... and do it fast ;)

How exactly is tumblr like facebook/myspace/twitter/etc again? Out of all the 'social networking' sites, it's definitely the least derivative.

No, not those but there are TONS of blogging sites. I'm not even saying Tumblr is a bad site. For all I know it could be the best blogging site out there. The main point I had is I feel there's too many of these sites all together and in a perfect world (which I know doesn't exist) I would prefer just a handful, if not one of these sites that does everything. That was my main point from the get-go, but it just got blown out of proportion.