ProgPower X (performing bands) sampler?

MysticX9

Feb 27, 2002
Macon, GA
I have a bunch of friends who are interested in attending ProgPower X but they want to hear a sample of all the bands - if you could choose two tracks from each band playing X, what would they be? Any info appreciated, even if you are not familiar with all of 'em please throw in your opinion about any of the artists performing. Thanks much!!!

Cheers,

Neal

The trailer on the main page of the website is a good place for your friends to start. They can get a small taste of what each band sounds like and then go from there, depending on their taste.

Also, the "Media" page on this site is a great resource as well:
http://progpowerusa.com/site/media/

Excellent suggestion, I was thinking along the lines of a few more specific song recommendations that I could steer these folks to, so hard to try to sum up a artist's sound with just a couple of tracks but I thought it might be a cool challenge...

Thanks much!!!

Just two songs to sum up Andre Matos? Talk about a hard task. He's appeared on some 40 albums. Yeah most of those are guest appearances but even if you count the ones that he was the primary singer it comes to 19 albums.

How about 10 songs? ;)

Though I guess I could pick two songs off his solo album:

How Long (Unleashed Away)
A New Moonlight

But if you want the best of Matos, this would be my list of 10:

1. Andre Matos - A New Moonlight
2. Angra - Carolina IV
3. Viper - Prelude to Oblivion
4. Angra - The Shaman
5. Viper - Living For the Night
6. Shaman - For Tomorrow
7. Angra - Carry On
8. Angra - Lisbon
9. Virgo - Fiction
10. Shaman - Over Your Head

Just two songs to sum up Andre Matos? Talk about a hard task. He's appeared on some 40 albums. Yeah most of those are guest appearances but even if you count the ones that he was the primary singer it comes to 19 albums.

How about 10 songs? ;)

Though I guess I could pick two songs off his solo album:

How Long (Unleashed Away)
A New Moonlight

But if you want the best of Matos, this would be my list of 10:

1. Andre Matos - A New Moonlight
2. Angra - Carolina IV
3. Viper - Prelude to Oblivion
4. Angra - The Shaman
5. Viper - Living For the Night
6. Shaman - For Tomorrow
7. Angra - Carry On
8. Angra - Lisbon
9. Virgo - Fiction
10. Shaman - Over Your Head

Yeah, I know two songs bites as a limitation, I'm trying to put together a sampler for those not familiar with the genre so your suggestions are excellent, that helps me quite a bit as well as I am not acquainted with much of his stuff outside of Angra. I'm really impressed with the guitar work on his solo material, appreciate the info!!!

Cheers,

Neal

For Orphaned Land, try any of the five first songs on Mabool (excepting A'Salk, track 4, which is a short intro).

Their new CD will be out by ProgPower, though, or so it sounds like, so we'll have a new slab of music to choose from before then.
It will be produced by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree. :kickass:

For Orphaned Land, try any of the five first songs on Mabool (excepting A'Salk, track 4, which is a short intro).

Their new CD will be out by ProgPower, though, or so it sounds like, so we'll have a new slab of music to choose from before then.
It will be produced by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree. :kickass:

Appreciate it!