Promising...

Mr. Leviathan

Jun 21, 2008
So I've heard a few snippets from the new album and saw a clip from their DVD on youtube; I'm interested.

Which album is best to start with, that is to say, is a good introduction to the band?

Thank you.

i reckon start off with a night to remember 2004 live cd or better yet watch the dvd and see how awesome this band is live.. they play all the best songs off the first 5 albums i must haved watched that concert over 100 times by now.. :kickass:

I think the best album to start with is Recreation Day. It captures the essence of Evergrey best imo, and is also the easiest to relate to.

I agree with dangeruss22, watch the "A Night To Remember" DVD. It's a good mix of a lot of different style songs, and gives you the added power of seeing the band live.
As for recommending individual albums, I'd be more inclined to ask what a persons other music tastes are first (other bands you like) before suggesting a particular album.

Go for Monday Morning Apocalypse or take the new album Torn...

You won' t regret by anyone you decide!
Welcome to a new level in Metal music my friend!

This is Evergrey!

I was listening to Still In the Water yesterday, and WTF is that Tom?

How can you create such an excellent music like that one?
And man, Lost is incredible!

How people can say that MMA isn't heavy? :headbang:

Even my mom liked it... hehe

I think the best album to start with is Recreation Day. It captures the essence of Evergrey best imo, and is also the easiest to relate to.

Totally agree! Recreation day is my favorite (but Mark of the triangle is my favorite song :headbang:). Anyway: maybe the DVD is a good point of start, because it contains all the best songs from every album, has a very good production and our band performs great!

I'm sorry, but Monday Morning Apocalypse is not a good album by Evergrey standards. "Lost" is probably the worst song they have ever written. Everything sounds muddy on thy album, and the vocals are processed to hell.

Skip it and start with Recreation Day, then check out the rest of them, including the new album Torn.

I'm sorry, but Monday Morning Apocalypse is not a good album by Evergrey standards. "Lost" is probably the worst song they have ever written. Everything sounds muddy on thy album, and the vocals are processed to hell.

Skip it and start with Recreation Day, then check out the rest of them, including the new album Torn.

Hummmmm :rolleyes:
This opinion doesn't match with the sales number and the excellent reviews for MMA...

And Lost indeed is incredible!

^
Well actually most people think more or less along those lines. I personally, don't, I love MMA, although I would have to agree that Lost isn't that great a song (but this is just an opinion, everyone's entitles to their own).

^
Well actually most people think more or less along those lines. I personally, don't, I love MMA, although I would have to agree that Lost isn't that great a song (but this is just an opinion, everyone's entitles to their own).

Nice Anonymous!
Everybody has different opinions as Evergrey music is diverse, but we should aware with some strong words...

But that's fine, I'm glad that in this forum we can establish healthy discussions!

Hummmmm :rolleyes:
This opinion doesn't match with the sales number and the excellent reviews for MMA...

And Lost indeed is incredible!

I apologize if I seemed harsh earlier. It's just that MMA was such a dissapointment to me and I'm still bitter about it. A complete step down from previous albums.

However, I must be missing these great reviews you are talking about... It seems to be the lowest rated album out of all of them. As for sales, I'm pretty sure it didn't do too well here in America.

Glad you enjoy it though.