Prong........Record-Release Party In Hollywood

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
PRONG Announce Record-Release Party In Hollywood

PRONG have announced a special one-off show on Wednesday, March 3 at The Dragonfly in Hollywood. "This should prove to be a cool event," PRONG frontman Tommy Victor writes on the band's web site. "The show is doubling as a record release party. I can't recall PRONG ever having done this before for any of our prior releases.

"We are going to perform a nice selection of new songs from 'Scorpio Rising', as well as the ones to expect. Also we are planning to do the number we did on the MISFITS tribute record 'Violent World'. Do you know the song? Hey, maybe there will be some guest appearances...

"There is going to be press people invited but we need a bunch of rowdy, obnoxious folk there as well. So if you are in the area, or even not, come on down and join in on this celebration of the release of 'Scorpio Rising'."

PRONG's "Scorpio Rising" will receive its long-awaited U.S. release on February 24 through Locomotive Music. The group's first studio album since 1996's "Rude Awakening" features Victor alongside drummer Dan Laudo and guitarist Monte Pittman.

From BlabberMouth.Net

I thought Prong had been defunct for a while now ever since Tommy
Victor was playing guitar for Danzig.

I like the first couple Prong discs the best. I lost track of them
after SNAP YOUR FINGERS....SNAP YOUR NECK....

Is it any good, like the old stuff....Beg To Differ?

I've heard a couple of tracks I got online, and they weren't bad. I am thinking about maybe going to this , I haven't seen prong live since 1995 on the Pantera / Sepultura tour they did with them. Any other Prong freaks thinking of going ?

hiddenlegions said:
I haven't seen prong live since 1995 on the Pantera / Sepultura tour they did with them.

That was an awesome tour. Sepultura on Chaos AD and Pantera on
FBD. When Sepultura did their huge drum thing where everyone's banging
on Floor Toms, Anselmo came out, heinken bottle in hand, and got to bang
some drums too.

hiddenlegions said:
I've heard a couple of tracks I got online, and they weren't bad. I am thinking about maybe going to this , I haven't seen prong live since 1995 on the Pantera / Sepultura tour they did with them. Any other Prong freaks thinking of going ?
hl, go if you are a guitar freak (DUH, I know you are). Tommy is not a shredder per se, but he's got some of the coolest rhythm chops out the ass. Just my humble opinion! I saw Prong for the first time at the Stone in San Francisco opening for Soundgarden not long after "Prove you Wrong" was released in 1990 (Voivod was also on the bill). I've been a huge fan since!

I'm not gonna go all the way down there for the show, but I highly recommend "Scorpio Rising" for any real Prong fan. If you like "The Cleansing" era Prong you'll dig the new shit. I got my album the illegal p2p way but I'll order it later this month. Prong is back fuckers!!!

Testament Legions said:
hl, go if you are a guitar freak (DUH, I know you are). Tommy is not a shredder per se, but he's got some of the coolest rhythm chops out the ass. Just my humble opinion! I saw Prong for the first time at the Stone in San Francisco opening for Soundgarden not long after "Prove you Wrong" was released in 1990 (Voivod was also on the bill). I've been a huge fan since!
I have been into Prong since 1991 , and have always been a fan to this day, thinking that their records got better with each one they put out. They are a solid , creative band, fronted by a power rhythm guitarist. I will definately try to check that show out if I'm able to go.

Steiner said:
I'm not gonna go all the way down there for the show, but I highly recommend "Scorpio Rising" for any real Prong fan. If you like "The Cleansing" era Prong you'll dig the new shit. I got my album the illegal p2p way but I'll order it later this month. Prong is back fuckers!!!

So if I'm a "Beg To Differ and Prove You Wrong era" fan, am I not going to
like it? Generally Speaking?

OfficerNice said:
So if I'm a "Beg To Differ and Prove You Wrong era" fan, am I not going to
like it? Generally Speaking?

"Beg To Differ" and "Prove You Wrong" have a raw, angry, garage feel to 'em.

"Cleansing" and so on were more polished and industrial. I loved both eras... Tommy's guitar and aggression always shines through! Just my opinion.

Testament Legions said:
"Beg To Differ" and "Prove You Wrong" have a raw, angry, garage feel to 'em.

"Cleansing" and so on were more polished and industrial. I loved both eras... Tommy's guitar and aggression always shines through! Just my opinion.
Ah. Uh.....now I'm skeptical about it being in my taste then. The word
"industrial" makes me weary when I think about Metal. I dont think many
ever have fused industrial into metal successfully IMO. When I think of
industrial, I think of really old Ministry like "A Mind Is A Terrible Thing to Taste"
or "The Land of Rape and Honey" and it's hard for me to imagine how you'd
incorporate pure industrial into pure metal without losing it's true metal edge.
I'll always love the old Prong stuff. You lucky devil, I wanted to go to that
Prong show at the Stone, but I was broke! :erk:

OfficerNice said:
Ah. Uh.....now I'm skeptical about it being in my taste then. The word
"industrial" makes me weary when I think about Metal. I dont think many
ever have fused industrial into metal successfully IMO. When I think of
industrial, I think of really old Ministry like "A Mind Is A Terrible Thing to Taste"
or "The Land of Rape and Honey" and it's hard for me to imagine how you'd
incorporate pure industrial into pure metal without losing it's true metal edge.
I'll always love the old Prong stuff. You lucky devil, I wanted to go to that
Prong show at the Stone, but I was broke! :erk:

Prong has more punk roots if anything (as from the mid to late 70's). Since they were so heavy, they got categorized as "industrial metal."

Testament Legions said:
Prong has more punk roots if anything (as from the mid to late 70's). Since they were so heavy, they got categorized as "industrial metal."

Labels are a bad thing indeed. I never thought of "Prove You Wrong" or
"Beg to Differ"...but you're right, I'd think of their earliest material having
more raw garage punk/hardcore/metal to it than having an 'industrial' edge
or flavor to it. Tommy Victor looked more evil with long hair than with that
half-length slick thing he was doing on "Cleansing"