Proof Bill Gates invented the iPad...LOL

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuhHIqJyjY0&NR=1[/ame]

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates together in 2007. I have been watching SJ videos all day just remembering everything he contributed....

But today I found something I find very interesting, just watch how the discussion evolves. You realize Gates was the first guy to really adopt the idea that a "tablet" could do it all.

Pretty interesting :)

Pretty sure that in 07, some prototype of the iPad was already in existence. It takes a lot of R&D on a product like that before it hit the shelves.

Also, Apple was developing tablet-style devices in the early 90s.

I think there were already tablet PCs before Apple's.

real shitty ones.

Where the fuck is it then?
Tablets have been around for a number of years in the form of laptops with touch screens on a swivel, pretty sure Toshiba were the ones who first mass produced them.
Could be wrong.

anyone that casually browses tech news would be able to tell you this. Microsoft was pushing tablets a long time ago. they never caught on, but once apple talks people into buying their high priced luxury device that will make them cool and technologically relevant, they see a resurgence.

one of the biggest reasons they have caught on is the multitouch capability, that wasn't in the early tablets. i believe the early ones were just like palmpilot style screens that used a stylus. it wasn't until a few years ago that reliable multitouch became a 'reality' in these devices.

When apple is successful they're rarely the first, rarely the most feature rich, and never the cheapest but often the best executed. They didn't invent the portable MP3 player either but....

Yeah, Tablets were very much around before Apple got them out, but Apple was smart enough to capitalize on the main aspects while creating them in a way that EVERYONE could have a need for them. Something everyone else kept failing at. Apple is great at what it does. Innovation is only 30% of the equation. The other 70% is marketing it to everyone everywhere :)