Props for HammerFall

Andy Laudano

Feb 24, 2005
Ft Worth Texas
I think it was way cool how they hung out with the fans all weekend. I first saw Oscar and Pontus at the bar during the kick off. Oscar was even up front headbanging and singing along to Accept. The next day I saw the whole band hanging out in the Vinyl. All were very gratious about signing stuff and posing for photos. I know I talked with Pontus for a long time and he even bought me a drink for my Birthday. He actually remembered me from a few months back when they played Dallas. I've been coming to this fest since PPIV and I know it's not unusual for the bands to hang out with us, but this was the most accessible headliner to date that I can remember. They really embraced the spirit of the fest.

Also, after a long 4 days with not much sleep, I was pretty much out of gas after Tarot. HammerFall came out and kicked ass like a true headliner to the point that by the time they finished, I was all hyped up and re-energized! That's how you end a fest!:headbang:

I'm thinking someone in the band was listening to fans requests as their second song was the one most requested on the forum, "The Dragon Lies Bleeding."

I think it was way cool how they hung out with the fans all weekend. I first saw Oscar and Pontus at the bar during the kick off. Oscar was even up front headbanging and singing along to Accept. The next day I saw the whole band hanging out in the Vinyl. All were very gratious about signing stuff and posing for photos. I know I talked with Pontus for a long time and he even bought me a drink for my Birthday. He actually remembered me from a few months back when they played Dallas. I've been coming to this fest since PPIV and I know it's not unusual for the bands to hang out with us, but this was the most accessible headliner to date that I can remember. They really embraced the spirit of the fest.
This.

No band as big as HammerFall has ever been as accessible.

Also, I fully expected to listen to two HammerFall songs and bail. I left soaked in sweat, with a serious case of "Slayer neck". This is especially impressive when you consider they were the final band of the weekend (just ask the guys from Rage).

I was more than happy to see Hammerfall twice in one year because they're just so much fun on stage. I'd been up since 7 am that morning and I still made it through their whole set because they bring so much energy. Plus I feel like I want to make an effort to support the closing band, who have so much pressure on them to retain a tired audience.

Even-though I was dead ass tired by the time they came on, I could not leave until they were done. THAT IS THE LAST TIME I WEAR ANYTHING OTHER THEN COMFIE SHOES TO A SHOW!! Hammerfall was amazing! I didn't really get to hang with them, but I did get to say hi to Joakim Cans.

This was my first time seeing them, and I loved it. They were really great. Although I mostly attend to see the proggy bands, I love my old-school style as well and HF was probably one of the better headliners I've seen since coming to this fest starting with VI. Lots of energy, the vocalist had great pipes, love the dipping and swinging and the songs had plenty of "sing a long" quality, even if you don't know them very well. Class act bringing up some of the other guys to sing the last song with them...very cool. And, absolutely best sound of the whole weekend. I was a little nervous when I saw their sound guy rewiring the PA board prior to starting...like that was really going to make a difference. Apparently it did, cuz their sound was crushing. I normally can't stand when bands use backing tracks for keys/vocals/effects, but I didn't mind it so much this time around...

They were so good my eyes got all watery right when they started.... Amazing set. And they were really cool. Our drummers biggest influence is anders, and he totally got to talk to him for a while :)