Prosecutors Drop Domestic-Violence Charge Against Former ANTHRAX Guitarist DAN SPITZ

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to GossipExtra.com, prosecutors have dropped a domestic violence charge against former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz in connection with his Christmas morning arrest in Florida.Dan's alleged victim, his wife Candi Spitz, asked the Palm Beach County State Attorney's office not to pursue a case against her husband and told them there were minor discrepancies on the incident report.The 50-year-old musician was arrested at he couple's home in Lake Worth, Florida when Candi's mother called 911 to report he was trying to choke his wife."I'm not planning on pursuing this in court," Candi, 38, told GossipExtra.com at the time. "This was a big misunderstanding. My mom should've never called 911."She added: "[Dan and I] were separated for a week last year, and Christmas Eve was the first anniversary."The stress level at home has been astronomical. Our children are both autistic and Dan may have early onset Parkinson's Disease."We were all drinking wine, and he just snapped."According to Candi, the confrontation happened when her husband started packing her bags, and she stood in his way."No matter what's in the police report," Candi said, "he never hit me or tried to harm me. He did shove me, and unfortunately I bruised my shoulder."But come on: He's 5 feet tall and 100 pounds all wet. And I kick box. He could never harm me if he tried."Dan Spitz is a born-again Christian and Messianic Jew and in interviews has frequently cited his faith as an influential component to his life.Spitz took part in the reunion of ANTHRAX's classic lineup in 2005 and 2006 but left the band after ANTHRAX's most recent split with singer Joey Belladonna.Police booking photo:
danspitzpoliceedited.jpg

More...