Prostitute Disfigurement – Descendants of Depravity

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
Prostitute Disfigurement – Descendants of Depravity
Neurotic Records – NRT070016 – 27 May 2008
By Ryan Starr

release_descendantsofdepravity_big.jpg

At first glance, a band called Prostitute Disfigurement seems like just another brutal death metal band, offering us 9 tracks of total blasturbation. But I was completely taken back with what I heard. This isn’t just blast beats and constant growling. Descendants of Depravity is chock full of brooding melodies expertly mixed with intense death metal riffing. Listening to this album, I hear a big Immolation and Vital Remains influence. As a matter of fact, I think the blending of these two styles brings something somewhat new to the death metal game. It isn’t ground breaking, but it sounds different enough to pleasantly surprise the skeptics in the scene.

I think most would agree that modern death metal has gotten a bit stale. The scene is over saturated with Suffocation worship, and it’s really time for a change. I think Prostitute Disfigurement have realized this, and are working to change it. Sure there are strong connections to modern death metal, but their use of melody and mid paced tempos provide a welcome break from the sheer brutality we have been given over the last 8 years.

So if you dig the modern death metal sound, but are looking for some variety, go buy Descendants of Depravity.

Official Prostitute Disfigurement Website
Official Prostitute Disfigurement Myspace
Official Neurotic Records Website

Wow these guys have come a long way since Embalmed Madness. Rotting Away is Better Than Being Gay is still one of the funniest song titles I've ever heard.

This album is ok.

Vocals very good, favourite track #2.

Rating: 8/10

the live dvd is THE BUSINESS!!!done right...prostitute disfigurement delivers total dilapidated hooker twat!!!awesome

Why with the violence towards prostitutes? Don't they have it hard enough as it is? ;) Great review

Reaaallly surprised the huge vocal change was not mentioned. This is honestly the only PD album I can listen to straight through without being irritated by the vocals for the sole reason they are much cleaner.