PTHD user's: list your must have plugins

Mikaël-ange

Nov 7, 2008
I plan to get waves ssl, soundtoys echoboy and decapitator upgrade to TDM.
I have to buy some plugins to replace some of my vst only plugin but I'm not sure if TDM is a must have for it.

Here a list of what I use:

-Waves ssl pack
-soundtoys echoboy/decapitator
-Sonnox oxford
-Fillet suite (blockfish/spitfish)
-W1
-Loudmax
-Reaxcomp
-Nebula CLC/GMC and CLCeq/GMCeq/BMeq
-2caudio Aether

So what are your go to plugin?

I'd say wait with the TDM upgrade...it's pretty pricey and if you have a new/powerful computer you'll have enough processing power to just use RTAS.
if you own the vst license you'll also have the rtas versions (if available), they'll work in PTHD just like the vst work in cubase, so unless you need the DSP power of the TDM plugs you'll be fine with the rtas versions and you won't have to pay that ridiculous amount of money for the upgrade to TDM.

Must have TDM plugin: ReVibe !!!!!!

Only waves ssl, soundtoys, sonnox oxford and Aether have rtas version. Everything else I listed are vst freeware so I need to buy rtas equivalent. So I have to buy waves L1, a good deesser and a good multiband comp.

Thanks for the tdm input, my computer is fast enought to run all rtas I think (4 core xeon 2,66ghz, upgradable to 8core xeon 3,33ghz).

do you already have the waves SSL.
If not, I would wait till ssl release their plugins native. Then you simply can use the rtas plugin.

For soundtoys echo boy, check out waves h-delay.

I already have waves ssl and soundtoys echoboys, as decapitator. Love those plugins but i used it a lot on bus group (aux tracks on pt?). So it's why i wanted to upgrade to tdm for this one. I will stay on hd3 for all 2011 and move on hd5 (with the magma thing) only in 2012. So with regular 90+ tracks sessions i have somes fear will all rtas processing. But i probably just overthink about this. Btw, what about hd3 plugin extension? Worth the money or not?

You've pretty much nailed most of the ones I use already. Here's the plugs I'm using alot with PTHD:

For multiband compression-Waves c4
For De essing- McDSP DE555 or Sonnox Supressor
For Reverb- REVIBE

I don't know why Revibe isn't ever mentioned, but I know just about every big mixer I've met or worked with use it. Its a pretty amazing reverb.

@Christian: yeah forget about it!
@Chris: need to try revibe but aether with new presets cover everything i need and beyond in terms of reverb. I demoed it again softube tsar before made my choice and this shit is so awesome! From natural space to sound design, everything is covered. But i'm not after classic reverb at the moment;) But will give a try for sure...

Metric Halo Channel Strip

Isn't mac only? My pthd computer is an hp xw8400 pc. Avid approved pthd pc. In fact is simply a mac pro put on a hp chassis:) Same cpu (intel xeon), same ram (but support 32go unstead of 24 on mac pro) but you can put more hd on it (5 3,5 and 5 2,5 drive)...).