Public props to Glenn & the PP Crew!

ToddS

Sep 20, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
Better late than never so here goes.

Congrats & thanks gang for another awesome ProgPower. You all do an amazing job. I guess I just should have said you know your shit! ;) Glenn I want to thank you again for all you have done for me, & Troy. We had an awesome time. You are & always will be more than just a friend to us. Your family. Luv ya man! Alright enough of the mushy stuff.

I posted some more thoughts on the fest on PM Rising, as I generally don't post elsewhere to often. Here is a part of that post.

The bands that stood out for me...

Circus Maximus - dead on just like like the record. The singer is amazing! Cool drumming too. Loved them. (*Glenn I think even Larry was converted)

Orphaned Land - I like Mabool, but had not planned on going front stage until Troy & Dweeb talked me into it. I planned on staying for 3 or so songs, but once I got there I could not leave. They were mesmorizing live! Full of energy, & had the crowd big time. I admit to having a tear in my eye at times relating the flooding theme of Mabool to my destroyed town where my home was under water. It was a bit of a release honestly. I had a great time up there. Loved their set!

Conception - OMG! Certainly the main draw for me. The sound in front of the sound board was incredible! They sound like they never missed a beat. I think Kahn sounded better than the previous 2 times I saw him with Kamelot. They played most of Flow, & I could hardly contain myself. I hope they release a new record soon. The hightlight of the show!

Therion - I am not a huge fan, but they put on a hell of a show. The sound was great. Having the choirs in the live setting made a huge impact. A keyboard player would have been nice, as some of the sound was piped in. Still a great show!

I had a great time, & was so glad I went. I'll have a report on my return trip home as soon as I can muster it. Some (very) good, & some bad news on that.

Todd

It was so awesome to see that you and Troy made it to Atlanta this year, despite the devastation in New Orleans. Glad you had such a great time too! Take care, and keep us updated.
*hugs*
Alicia

And to the ProgPower crew (I just watched the dvd):

You're thinking too small-- I've always heard it referred to as clutching grapefruits, not grabbing oranges...