Pure reason revolution

Bluegreen

Aug 4, 2008
Gothenburg
I wonder, has anyone of you heard Pure reason revolution? If you have, what do you think of them? I read a while ago that they're touring with Porcupine tree (a good sign), so I started listening, and they're really good I think.. Opeth is and always will be my all-time favourite band, and not PRR nor any other band will ever come close to their magnificence, but sometimes you're lucky enough to find a band that has maybe a hundredth of what Opeth has... :) I think their song The exact colour has some Hessian Peel-ish sort of feeling, don't really know why...

Are there any other, perhaps relatively unknown, bands you really like that you can recommend? Considering that we all like Opeth, chances are we might have similar taste in music otherwise as well.....

Yeah, PRR is pretty good stuff. Haven't really payed much attention to them lately, glad to hear they finally going to get a new record out.

If you want to get to know new music, my advise is to keep an eye on the Now Playing topic here. There have been a lot of music recommendation threads in the past too, so some searches should get you started too.

Yeah I have their EP and first album, and Chloe is pretty hot too.

Since you've heard of PRR I'm going to assume you've listened to Oceansize and realised how amazing they are. Try some pg.lost, I keep pimping this band and one day it's going to catch on goddammit

http://www.myspace.com/pglost

I've listened a little bit to oceansize a while ago, but I cant remember what they sound like... I actually first heard about Pg.lost just yesterday, I guess I'll have to give them a listen now :)

I would definitely suggest 'Everyone Into Position' as the starting point for Oceansize. I never liked 'Frames' quite as much to be honest, and I don't own 'effloresce' yet... 'Music for a nurse', the fifth track off EIP, is what got me into Oceansize in the first place.