Putting on a UK tour.

Sephiret

Enter Suicidal Angels
Jun 7, 2008
East Devon, England
So, being slightly peeved at the lack of UK dates provided on the European tour by Century media, I thought I'd try and make a couple myself.

Does anyone know the easiest way to book the band for UK dates if they are willing? Or is it simply a case of convincing Century Media to let them tour here?

Thanks in advance,

Dan :)

Just write an e-mail to Century Media and ask the same question you ask here. They will be able to give you much more accurate information.

Century media has nothing to do with it; they're the record label. Touring is handled by booking agents (in our case The Agency Group).

It's a great initiative, but there are many reasons why booking agents usually only work with established promotors. Unless you have a five-figure sum of GBP that you're willing to risk (and most likely lose), it's better to try to catch us on any of the other dates instead. Don't mean to sound harsh, and we appreciate the effort, but there are lots of well-meaning people that tried to organize festivals or shows only to end up heavily into debt.

Century media has nothing to do with it; they're the record label. Touring is handled by booking agents (in our case The Agency Group).

It's a great initiative, but there are many reasons why booking agents usually only work with established promotors. Unless you have a five-figure sum of GBP that you're willing to risk (and most likely lose), it's better to try to catch us on any of the other dates instead. Don't mean to sound harsh, and we appreciate the effort, but there are lots of well-meaning people that tried to organize festivals or shows only to end up heavily into debt.

Thanks for the tip Niklas. I know a few promoting guys, no one huge, but they might know someone who knows someone, and I'll see what I can do.

The one gig I've tried to put on before was only a 220 capacity place, and I ended up losing £150 (mind you, I would have broken even, had the venue not jumped up their fee by £150 on the night - suffice to say I never went back there for a gig).

I don't know what you're view of it is, but I would say DT haven't really cracked the UK market, though the fans here are dedicated, we are few and far between. Would a gig alongside someone that routinely gets crowds in here (someone like In Flames, though not necessarily them), help you guys a bit, just to get you're music out to more people here?

For example, even the guys in the local metal record store don't know the worth of your stuff, they sold me a copy of the Ltd. Ed. 10" box of the gallery for only £10, they go for around 5x that on eBay!

Thanks

Dan:)

it takes a lot of money to arrange a tour,hopefully for the promoter the better attended shows make up for the less well attended. a one off show could be a financial disaster for the promoter.
now of course if several fans were to club together and raise the money it would make more sense.losing a couple of hundred quid is better than a thousand.