Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
Very nice, very nice.......

Year of the Phoenix

Caramon's Poem

Form BLABBERMOUTH:
Danish metallers PYRAMAZE — whose current recording lineup includes ICED EARTH singer Matt Barlow — have issued the following update:

"The work on our new album, 'Immortal', was completed today at 11 AM in Denmark. We are extremely happy with the outcome, and we are now ready to share a few clips with all of you loyal fans who have waited patiently for a little taste of the new stuff. We therefore give you two clips of the new album, with a length that is good enough to give you a fair feel for the songs."

"Immortal" track listing:

01. Arise
02. Year of the Phoenix
03. Ghost Light
04. Touched by the Mara
05. A Beautiful Death
06. Legacy in a Rhyme
07. Caramon's Poem
08. The Highland
09. Shadow of the Beast
10. March through an Endless Rain

I really like this - it's cool to hear him singing over some non-Jon Schaffer riffs for a change. I do agree that Pyramaze's music all sounds the same, but whatever.

He sounds much better and more commanding than Lance's constant high notes on the first albums.

I really like the 2 songs. I'll echo some sentiments when I say that it's great to hear Matt's voice again specially on a non-Iced Earth song. The songs do sound a lot more like they belong on the "Legend Of The Bone Carver" album though, nothing utterly different but still good.
I will be buying this album the day it comes out.

No, he should focus on just ONE band.

Symphorce / Brainstorm are the perfect example of what can happen when you have a singer focus attention on two bands. You have what could be two great bands existing as "B" level bands.

These songs are awesome. I'm so glad these guys got Barlow. I'm glad they picked someone that wouldn't be a let down after Lance's departure.

Except that he is a letdown in the fact that as of now, he's only doing this album and bolting back to his proper home in Iced Earth. :heh:

I'm still hoping that this disc proves to be a huge success and he pulls double duty in Pyramaze and IE.

No, he should focus on just ONE band.

Symphorce / Brainstorm are the perfect example of what can happen when you have a singer focus attention on two bands. You have what could be two great bands existing as "B" level bands.

I agree and you hit a perfect example. Both bands started out fairly strong but just fell into a very repetative path.

Thanks for the update Saladbar.

I am really looking forward to picking up this CD when it is released. I like both tracks, but the Phoenix track totally has the galloping riff in the beginning as "Power of Imagination" off their first release. Obviously, Matt's contributions make it much different.

I am also on the side of those who wish that Matt will continue with Pyramaze in the future... at least in the studio.

Twice now Jasonic has insulted the mighty Andy Franck. You gotta lay off man. (You know I am messing with you.)

Brainstorm and Symphorce are two of my "A" list bands. I am a sucker for straight ahead power metal. No great need for constantly displaying each musician's technical prowess required in my book. I like heavy, driving riffs with catchy, memorable vocals. Brainstorm & Symphorce have been churning that out for me for many years.

I personally think that Brainstorm are not allowing Andy to influence the new songs as much as he would like so he formed Symphorce to fill that need. I only wish that Jorn would have followed his example and stayed with Masterplan. His solo career really should have been a side project. The material he released with Masterplan far exceeded his solo stuff.. though I do like Jorn's last 2 solo releases. They just do not contain the magic of that first Masterplan release.

I personally think that Brainstorm are not allowing Andy to influence the new songs as much as he would like so he formed Symphorce to fill that need. I only wish that Jorn would have followed his example and stayed with ARK. His solo career really should have been a side project. The material he released with ARK far exceeded his Masterplan and solo stuff.. though I do like Jorn's last 2 solo releases. They just do not contain the magic of that first Masterplan release.

Fixed. :cool:

Krude,

It took me a minute to notice that you changed all my references from Masterplan to Ark.

I do agree that the two Ark releases we excellent. But... I have not heard a peep from out friend Tore Østby for a long, long time. Last I heard, he was working on their 3rd release sans Jorn. His arksite.com website is non-functional at the moment. Anyone have an update?

Meanwhile, Masterplan is still cranking 'em out... and they could have used Jorn's expertise on the latest one.

Krude,

It took me a minute to notice that you changed all my references from Masterplan to Ark.

I do agree that the two Ark releases we excellent. But... I have not heard a peep from out friend Tore Østby for a long, long time. Last I heard, he was working on their 3rd release sans Jorn. His arksite.com website is non-functional at the moment. Anyone have an update?

Meanwhile, Masterplan is still cranking 'em out... and they could have used Jorn's expertise on the latest one.

He's doing some stuff with a band called Street Legal. If you click on the tune "Shadow Of My Heart" you can hear some of his latest material.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=79704705

Britt

Krude,

You're pretty much right about Østby's inactivity (I recall once reading or hearing of new Conception material in the works, which would be excellent, but nothing new in eons), sans what Britt posted below you, still, I don't think any of the Masterplan releases, with or without Jorn, hold a candle to either Ark disc. Then again, that's just me and a lot of people think my tastes are, um....'strange,' at times. I dig the first two Masterplan albums well enough, but seldom, if ever reach for them.