QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT Announce Summer 2017 North American Tour

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
QUEEN and "American Idol" finalist Adam Lambert will embark on a summer North American tour that will launch June 23 at Phoenix's Gila River Arena and wrap on August 5 at Houston's Toyota Center. Tickets for the 25-city trek will go on sale Friday, February 3 at 10 a.m. local time via Live Nation. Members of QUEEN and Adam Lambert's fan clubs can buy tickets beginning Tuesday, January 31 at 10 a.m. Lambert, drummer Roger Taylor and guitarist Brian May first shared the stage during "American Idol" in May 2009 for a performance of "We Are The Champions". They teamed up again in 2011 at the MTV European Music Awards in Belfast, Ireland for an electrifying eight-minute finale of "The Show Must Go On", "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions" and in the summer of 2012, Lambert performed a series of shows with QUEEN across Europe as well as dates in Russia, Ukraine and Poland. They have since completed several tours and performed at some of the biggest festivals in the world. Last November, Taylor spoke to Planet Rock about QUEEN's plans to release more music: "If we do anything in the future, I'd like it to be something new. I don't know how new it would sound, but I think if Brian could come up with a song or two which we felt, sort of, fitted, you know." Asked if there is a chance that QUEEN could release new material, Taylor said: "It's quite possible. We're really enjoying… We've just come back from the Far East — well, a month ago now — which was phenomenal. It's great to know that there's still a demand, and we do love playing with Adam Lambert, who is an incredible singer and a lovely man." May previously described Lambert as the only singer the band had found capable of filling the shoes of iconic frontman Freddie Mercury, who died in 1991 of complications from to AIDS. "Adam is the first person we've encountered who can do all the QUEEN catalogue without blinking," said May. "He is a gift from God." Taylor echoed the guitarist's sentiments, adding: "[Adam's] incredibly musical, and we certainly take anything he says quite seriously." Lambert, for his part, downplayed the Mercury comparisons, saying: "There's never going to be another, and I'm not replacing him. That's not what I'm doing. I'm trying to keep the memory alive, and remind people how amazing he was, without imitating him. I'm trying to share with the audience how much he inspired me." QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT 2017 tour dates: Jun. 23 - Phoenix, AZ @ Gila River Arena Jun. 24 - Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena Jun. 26 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl Jun. 29 - San Jose, CA @ SAP Center Jul. 01 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena Jul. 02 - Vancouver, BC @ Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena Jul. 04 - Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place Jul. 06 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center Arena Jul. 08 - Omaha, NE @ CenturyLink Center Jul. 09 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center Jul. 13 - Chicago, IL @ United Center Jul. 14 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center Jul. 17 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre Jul. 18 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre Jul. 20 - Detroit, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills Jul. 21 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena Jul. 23 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena Jul. 25 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden Jul. 26 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center Jul. 28 - New York, NY @ Barclays Center Jul. 30 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center Jul. 31 - Washington D.C. @ Verizon Center Aug. 02 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena Aug. 04 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center Aug. 05 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

Continue reading...