Queen!

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Bought "Greatest Hits I, II & III" for $30 at JB's yesterday, and I must say I'm very impressed. Never was much of a fan outside of Bohemian Rhapsody, but I was desperate to get a CD and saw that this was a great deal. Excellent purchase!

Some great songs on here, especially some of the songs on III featuring George Michael (Somebody to Love - I always liked this version) and Elton John (The Show Must Go On, which is AWESOME). Actually, on the strength of the latter (hey, I sound like Demonspell!) I'm seriously thinking about getting an Elton John CD. There's a double CD best of at HMV for $20... hmm...

Who else likes Queen here? Anyone?

My first album was Queens "news of the world" when I was about seven. I think I Was born a Queen fan and I will probably die one. As for Greatest Hits III, how could the call it that when they only realeased one studio album (that wasn't very good), and filled the rest with songs from the average tribute concert.

Come to think of it what is it with Elton John, preforming live with racist, homophobic, arsehole. The Freddie Mercury concert he sang Bohemian Rapsody with (as stated on another thread) that buttwipe Axel Rose and then With that wanker M&M (opps sorry did I spell it wrong well stiff shit).

I sense the influence of a future sister-in-law here Spiff :lol: .
Well done for making such fine purchases. Greatest Hits III is a bit of a waste of space, but I & II were also my introduction to the brilliance that is Queen. Only problem is my mum likes 'em too!

Now go and buy A Night at the Opera, where you will discover a tune called The Prophet's Song that almost surpasses Bohemian Rhapsody as their finest achievement.

On a semi-related topic, is Highlander out on DVD yet?

W

Actually, it was more to do with the fact that I wanted to buy something, and none of the metal CDs took my fancy, but I saw Queen and it was a decent price and so I got it. Three CDs to get me through the working afternoon :)

I have no intention of buying any other Queen CDs any time soon. This one will do me fine for now.

Oh, and tomorrow I'll probably be being The Very Best of Elton John, because some of his stuff rocks. Unfortunately, the two songs of his that I really like, Tiny Dancer and Love Lies Bleeding, aren't on it. Sigh. It's only $20 though so I'll survive.

Originally posted by Spiff

Oh, and tomorrow I'll probably be being The Very Best of Elton John

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I laughed out lod for SO long after reading that. Dont worry Spiffy, I think your lifestyle choice should be your own, and wish you luck in your new endeavours!

"Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday nights all right!"

Woah! Didn't even notice!

Quite sad, really, considering I've been here as long as anyone else but have few posts to my name. Maybe I should have a poll (most girls say I already do - tee hee!) where people can vote on their favourite Spiff post. Hmm, food for thought there.

That Elton John one would win by a landslide :D Having said that, I think you should do it!! :) The poll I mean :)
Call it Spiffys Half Millenium Bash! :headbang: