QUEEN's BRIAN MAY Interviewed On U.K.'s PLANET ROCK (Audio)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On December 9, 2013, QUEEN guitarist Brian May was interviewed on the U.K. digital radio station Planet Rock. The chat, which was broadcast on Sunday, January 19, can now be streamed in the YouTube clip below. May was recently given the all-clear after suffering a cancer scare at the end of last year. May has been restoring the unfinished unfinished QUEEN music with producer William Orbit and "transferring the material from tape to digital at the highest resolution available so that they can work with the tracks and for archiving purposes." "The track we dusted off today has the four of us, Freddie, John [Deacon], Roger and myself, playing together on a track we'd all forgotten about, that was never finished," May explained. "It sounds so fresh ... and, well, it's crying out to finally be brought into the world. What's great is nobody has got a hold of this and leaked it. "I can't help but feel a buzz. I'm energized again. "It's nice to be putting the QUEEN hat on again for a while. "This year will be interesting, to say the least." May and drummer Roger Taylor recently put finishing touches on some of Mercury's 1983 demos with Michael Jackson. In addition to that, the other "lost" Mercury tracks in the QUEEN vaults include collaborations with David Bowie, Andy Gibb, and Rod Stewart.

More...