Question about musicians on tour

Dora

Apr 20, 2003
USA
OK, sure it sounds lame.. but I'm curious about how people can go on tours. I mean.. it can be f** tiring. Its OK to play once or 3 times in a row.. but when I see a schedule about a month... Each day its 4-8 hours in a car or bus travelling, then going around and playing then drinking a lot and going backstage with girls, boys, whatever and again.. Isnt it shit? Well I get sick for 2 days after a glass of beer, maybe thats why I cant imagine it. And how does it feel to play a song that once meant something to you, like you wrote it, had emotions and then you must play it every day on schedule. Its not like you give a damn about it, you cannot be in love feeling lonely just exactly at 11pm after the 5th song on the setlist because it just comes.. so its a lie, innit? Artists lie on stage. Tell me how it works! :)

Doing the same anything everyday gets boring and meaningless, with a few exceptions that is. Some people are locked into touring though, as it's a handy way to escape growing up/being responsible etc. Its hard to stay off the grog too. Aye, its all fake and a big lie, with a few exceptions that is.

Travelling, playing, drinking, shagging and lying sounds like the ideal job description to me!

hm.. i can imagine when someone is happy, won the lottery or so, and then starts to sing some sad shit and bursts out laughing - so theres a chance for such thing ?

There are good points about touring too - 1.) SILVER DOLLAR BREAKFAST SANDWICHES - 2.) NOT HAVING THE SEX FOR A WHILE AND DOING BIG SEX WEE WHEN YOU GET BACK HOME - 3.) SHARING BED TOP + TAIL WITH DUNC AND AWAKING TO HIS FEET

Although the bad points outweigh the good - 1.) THE PROVERBIAL BAG OF SOCKS - 2.) NOT HAVING THE SEX FOR A WHILE - 3.) SHARING BED TOP + TAIL WITH DUNC AND AWAKING TO HIS FEET - 4) etc etc

"why so" seems a pretty dumb question to ask, one assumes that choice was not a large factor in the previously mentioned sleeping arrangements

i still dont understand the connection between touring and that "impractical" sleeping arrangement, I would never sleep placing my head any near to anyones feet

I remember a vacation, where us 4 dudes were cramped into this 2 bed-room with extra beds, that meant all the beds were right up against eachother, one night we woke up 3 blokes in the same bed :ill:

Fortunately all drinks were on the house that vacation so we made up for it